Jump to content

Will audio/music functions of dvd player work without ebrake splice?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I just picked up a 2014 Subaru Legacy 6 speed. New models don't come with the hand brake and am not completely sure where the Ebrake line really is. I have a pioneer AVH X4500BT Head unit and am wondering if i didn't splice it to the ebrake line if I would still be able to use the rest of the functions other than video?

Posted

Yes if you wire in the bypass switch. google it.

Posted

Try grounding the e-brake wire coming out from the harness. It's the light green wire. Just ground it to a bolt behind the dash. Usually that works. And if you don't bypass it, only the audio will play, the video won't show up at all.

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Posted

pioneers need a double pulse signal.... if you read the owners manual it will tell you that to make the dvd work you need to press the parking break 2 times... a simple ground workaround will not work on the radio you own but you will be able to use it with reduced functionality but you will not be able to use the auto EQ functions with the mic that is sold separately .... do an ebay search for parking break bypass pioneer you will find a part that costs around $7 with a simple 3 wire connection.... on my avh-x4800bs I never used it with out the bypass so i dont know what other features are locked out.... I might have already dipped to far into this since its defeating a safety mechanism and I dont know how this forum sits on this topic.... many frown upon it but we all do it

Posted

all normal audio will play, but you can get a simple 3wire bypass for $8-13 depending on where you buy it from and it will bypass the video portion of the radio so you can watch dvd's while you drive.

http://www.amazon.com/MicroBypass-ALL-AVH-X-Interface-Receivers/dp/B00A9AQPUU

The blue wire goes to the remote on your radio, black to ground, and green goes to the parking break wire on the radio harness iirc. Takes only a few minutes to install.

 

 

Posted

^ I second this.

Nex units with nav can use a touchscreen press to bypass, all other pioneers I just use that $10 amazon/ebay 3 wire bypass. No more relays, no more god awful switch installations. Im pretty sure Pioneer got keen to simply grounding that wire a loooong time ago. I used to use relays but now I keep those 3 wire bypasses on hand.

Posted

Yea pioneer stopped with the basic grounding out of the parking brake wire years ago to give you a video bypass.

Many companies have changed that as well now, but are still somewhat simple.

But on your cheap decks like power acoustik, jensen, dual, etc the simple grounding of the wire still works iirc, but then again i dont pay much attention to bs brands like them so not 100% sure.

 

 

Posted

Yea pioneer stopped with the basic grounding out of the parking brake wire years ago to give you a video bypass.

Many companies have changed that as well now, but are still somewhat simple.

But on your cheap decks like power acoustik, jensen, dual, etc the simple grounding of the wire still works iirc, but then again i dont pay much attention to bs brands like them so not 100% sure.

you are 100% correct about jenson.. my girlfriend wanted a double din because she always wanted one and never had anything other than single din, so she did not want to spend alot of money so i recommended a $175 jenson unit and had the bypass done in 3 seconds.... they even give you a ground screw right next to the parking break cable to tie into,,,,, it was pointless to get anything else at more money because she does not even use the DVD functions.,.. she even got pissed off when I was explaining that I needed to do a by pass because she is never going to use a DVD and she thought I was hacking her new radio

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 826 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...