General Question About Electrical

Love that your starting with electrical before your system .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Love that your starting with electrical before your system .

It's the only real logical thing to do but unfortunately people just want to get bangin' ASAP so they choose to neglect it but they don't realize that they won't be for long without the proper electrical. Your system doesn't run off of magical fairy facts. Your system is only as good as your electrical.

An alternator only puts out what's asked of it......

That's pretty much what I was wondering. I didn't know if it would only put out what the system required or if it would keep producing even when bat. And system don't need ot.

ive had my HO alt for like 4 years. Ive probably had playing sub stages for a combination of 8 months. I rebuild too damn much. But anyway, Im fine. You will be too. Your alt wont output current that isnt asked from it.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Alternators have a built in regulator. It only charges as needed, such as after starting the vehicle up. Once the battery(batteries) is charged, the alternator does not put out any more power.

1999 Chevy Blazer LT 4x4 4door

2 Sundown ZV5-15s

Orion HCCA5000.1D

6 Group 31 AGMs with bussbars

Mechman 370 Elite

All 2/0 Welding cable

Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS

Alternators have a built in regulator. It only charges as needed, such as after starting the vehicle up. Once the battery(batteries) is charged, the alternator does not put out any more power.

Thank you. That is exactly the type of answer I was looking for!

Alternators only put out amperage when there is a load present, the bigger the load (lower the voltage), the more the alternator will put out.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Do you only put enough gas in to run the engine? Do you worry that if you fill up your tank you'll have too much gas and the engine won't know what to do with it? That's roughly what the alt will do for your electrical, if you NEED it you have it.

Archived