Sundown Audio

using different bass knobs.

nolij1

This may have been covered but I couldn't find anything on it. Just hooked up a bc5500d I just purchased but they forgot to send the bass knob. I have the knob from my aq3500.1. What are the cons of using a knob that did not come with the amp? Mind you I have not plugged the aq knob in the bc.

The majority of the knobs from the Korean boards that are rather similar are typically the same.

However some may have power and or clipping LEDs on the knobs and sometimes if the cord and or the amp doesn't support those lights they will not turn on or function.

Also from time to time the pin layout in the actual cord maybe different as well, so that is something else to watch for.

You really have to try it and see if it works.

Just googling both of the amps you mentioned they look like the same knob with the power and clipping led, so it will most likely work.

Now if you where trying a knob from a Korean amp say a Crescendo on a china amp like Hifonics or vice versa they will usually not work.

Its really dependent on the amps. I would just plug it in and test before going through the work of running a wire.

Or contact Crescendo and wait 1 month for a reply and another 3 months for the knob to show up..

The bass knob only boosts a small range in frequency, typically around 41hz I believe. After you set your gains and then boost the signal with the knob, there's potential for clipping. The lc-1 allows you to adjust your signal within the range you matched your amp and HU voltage.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Pac lc-1.

X2

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Pac lc-1.

X2

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived