Today Is Really The Day (update, All 4 In, They Slam)

Let me clarify my accusation. Subs are starting to (RESEMBLE) a 3 stack motor with similar size slugs.

I kind of got to agree with this, but with other companies. All and all simularities of all things will resemble something else.

Me, Im a guy that likes his big ol blinging magnets with shinny beefy slugs.

But if you got a small magnet that meets or beats the big ol slugs, why not go for it, your gaining back precious displacement that was otherwise used up. Once its in the box you cant really show the magnet off unless you can see it through the ports or got some plexi windows.

Im still waiting to see more companies running neodymium motors on their subs besides DD and Boston (the only 2 I currently know of).

well me, im not a big fan of the new look but it shure is diferent from the others and i know it should move some air.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I kind of got to agree with this, but with other companies. All and all simularities of all things will resemble something else.

Me, Im a guy that likes his big ol blinging magnets with shinny beefy slugs.

But if you got a small magnet that meets or beats the big ol slugs, why not go for it, your gaining back precious displacement that was otherwise used up. Once its in the box you cant really show the magnet off unless you can see it through the ports or got some plexi windows.

Im still waiting to see more companies running neodymium motors on their subs besides DD and Boston (the only 2 I currently know of).

Critical mass uses them ...

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

I wonder if my team mate got his this week. He was supposed to be getting the new BTLs, unless he changed his mind.

Subs definitely looks weird, but... it's an Fi product, it'll do the job and do it quite nicely. I just hope it lives up to Steve's tort.... err.... testing. If he is impressed with them ,you can bet everybody else (that runs Fi) will be also.

Can't wait to see more pics and vids

No I gotta go pick up my new amp.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

i dont know if it was posted but are the new motors neos.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i dont know if it was posted but are the new motors neos.

No...a slab of neo that big would be in the neighborhood of 1500 bucks COST. (not to mention it'd be a horrid waste of that much material, you could build 10 of those subs out of a slab of neo that big)

It's regular ferrite magnet, just very very wide.

Thanks!

-Nick

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

BL The magnetic strength of the motor structure. "Expressed in Tesla meters, this is a measurement of the motor strength of a speaker. Think of this as how good a weightlifter the transducer is. A measured mass is applied to the cone forcing it back while the current required for the motor to force the mass back is measured. The formula is mass in grams divided by the current in amperes. A high BL figure indicates a very strong transducer that moves the cone with authority!"

Well said JMC

Yeah a wider flatter motor than conventional will yield higher BL, we messed around with this alot at the speaker shop, and it does work. I had a 2.5" voice coil, top plate and back plates(6.5" wide) but I assembled the motor using 2 75oz magnets that were8" wide, and went from about a 20Bl to a 34Bl

amazing what you can do with a little creativeness

only draw back to gaining such a high Bl, in a flatter, wide motor design was Fs raised, from like 28- to 32hz

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.