Recently got a new toy, thought I'd share. Just turned over 48k miles, still in great shape.

IMG_20161120_153603_zpspbgkyezj.jpg

T tops would have been cool, and a manual trans. The latter I can fix.

As of right now the system consists of an Alpine UTE-62BT and a pair of TB 3" fullranges. Down the road I would like to add some subs under the seat (there is one from the factory, but I think I can do better) and maybe a dsp. We'll see what happens. For now this is where it sits.

IMG_20161223_144423_zpszgqa0vnq.jpg

IMG_20161206_140632_zpsirfavcng.jpg

These are 3d printed, then body worked and painted. I love how they turned out. Originally I tried to make them a legit enclosure, completely sealed off in the back. But I ran into issues with fitment so I said fuggit and decided to try them free air. Stuffed some polyfil in the dash and somewhat surprisingly they sound great. No real bottom end but from 100hz and up they sound pretty awesome.

IMG_20161207_171002_zpsghnadg4p.jpg

IMG_20161207_171011_zpshw5utvrd.jpg

Not much to it yet, but stay tuned for some fun stuff in the future. Getting plans and funds together for a 20v 4age/5spd swap.

I always liked that year MR2. Rear wheel drive, rear engine, light weight . That's super low mileage on that. Where did you find that? Maybe turbo later?

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I always liked that year MR2. Rear wheel drive, rear engine, light weight . That's super low mileage on that. Where did you find that? Maybe turbo later?

Locally, bought it from the second owner.

Definitely looking to upgrade the drivetrain. I'd like to upgrade to a 20v because it's the same shortblock so it will bolt up to the factory mounts, plus I can get a manual trans with it to swap in. Auto is just lame. So that's an extra 40hp right off the bat. Then maybe turbo later, it'll depend on money honestly.

Good find! With that many miles it's hardly broken in yet. Does it have throttle body injection or multi port?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• 3 weeks later...

Got sick of not having a volt meter in the car (since it's an auto trans it has the ECT/OD indicator instead) so I added one. Spliced it into the deck wiring, super straightforward.

IMG_20170114_131629_zpsu6sowogf.jpg

Here is a shot of inside the dash. The tang bands are just free-aired, with some polyfill. It actually makes for a decent enclosure, even the stock drivers sounded pretty good.

IMG_20170114_131812_zpsf9jn3od2.jpg

And it works. The trim piece needs some repairs, that's one of my next projects. Downsides of owning a 30 year old car. The meter is just hot glued in place for now, I'll 3D print a bezel when I know what all I want to put there. Probably paint it red to match the car.

IMG_20170114_132215_zps9h4ppwzs.jpg

Archived