Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright, after doing the calculations, If I run my subs at 2ohms, then with the subs/front/rear speakers, I would be running around 170amps. If I run them at 1ohm, then it would be around 220amps. I am now more than certain I need to put in a H/O Alternator in order to handle the load, and I will also be adding a capacitor and doing the big 3 to handle the surges.

These are what I am currently looking at.

ALT - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008R23KX2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1E2MGYDTPEYH7

CAP - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IQU03G6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AB9NQG7CMGWBL

BIG 3 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KVOLFT0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2V3063JU9685N

 

Is there a "best" brand to go with for the ALT, or are they all relatively the same when it come to H/O Alts?

What 2 farad Cap would be recommended?

Posted

Lol damn, isnt it crazy how easily and quickly our budgets rise in car audio lol. 

If u were looking for some speakers, CT Sounds were running crazy deals. I guess they were getting rid of older models or something. $300-400 component sets going for $70. Thats directly from on their website too. 

Posted

OP

1. You don't need the cap. look up what a cap is actually for, at the end of the day an extra battery or a bigger alt is what you need.  

2. A new alt would be a good upgrade but can be pricey, look at Mechman or Stinger alts, they're on here and support the community and have a good reputation. On amazon you kinda have the luck of the draw a lot of the time with car parts, least thats my experience.  

3. That amp looks REAL suspect. People are talking 588watts at 4ohms, which isn't terrible for the price but I think theres better options. 

4. Big 3 is a great upgrade and especially on a unibody car.

5. I wouldn't do Pioneer for all my shit...its a personal preference but yea not the best do some more research of subs, brands like Fi or DC or American Bass would be a better option IMHO. But check out Dayton Audio, they have a lot of subs that are cheap and well made.

6. I would read more on here before buying stuff or jumping into anything.   

7. Fuck rear speakers...you don't really need them. Go with as big of a component set up front, usually 5.25 or 6.5". Look at brands like image dynamics, rockford or Morel. You pay for quality. 

 

Posted

For the alt, I would honestly check out Mechman, USAltenators, Singer, DC Alts. I can't think of anymore at this moment but I know there are a few others. They are reputable and are known to put out products that last. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2204 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...