02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Build (AKA Project Silent Night) Mechman, Neo Slow

Jeez, dedicated right off the bat, Loving this build.  I've never seen those 3 wire Jimsmachine works things posted above, they are cool.  

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Damn son, puttin in werk!  Tuned in for the tasty walled goodness.  Keep it up!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

5 hours ago, Karkov said:

Jeez, dedicated right off the bat, Loving this build.  I've never seen those 3 wire Jimsmachine works things posted above, they are cool.  

I only want to do this stuff once would be less expensive but if I wanted to do something bigger I'd have to tear it out and do it over. Plus I have a good amount of welding experience. Yeah they're pretty neat he also makes one for 4 spots for wire as well. Toolmaker makes a similar product but I think that Jim's look better.

3 hours ago, mcanderson0 said:

Damn son, puttin in werk!  Tuned in for the tasty walled goodness.  Keep it up!

Thanks I've looked through your build log and I like what I'm seeing there, so the same goes to you.

Today I went on a hell of a buying spree on the northern tool website. If you go on retailmenot they have a coupon for $20 off for anything over $100 so I broke my orders up and used the code 3 times so far. The only thing I haven't ordered is the welder but I'm going to see if I can get them to give me a deal at the local airgas. I'm going to opt for a Hobart 210 MVP made in USA runs of 120/220V and Hobart is owned by miller. It's $400 less than the lincoln 210 and I think if I want to tig I'll buy a dedicated machine for it in the future so I can do aluminum as well.

I purchased the following:

(1) Milwaukee 7 amp Angle Grinder

(1) Milwaukee 14" Abrasive Chop Saw

(1) 5 Pack 14" Abrasive Blades

(1) Klutch 2 Tier Welding Cart

(1) Cheap Pair Welding Gloves

(1) 5 Pack 60 Grit 4.5" Sanding Wheel

(2) 25lb. Mini Magnet Squares

(2) 4.5" Grinding Discs

(1) 10lb Spool .030 Carbon Steel Wire

It was around $340 total but would have been closer to $400 had I not used the coupon 3 times. It's going to be like Christmas but the UPS guy is gonna hate me.

Alright small update I was messing around with sketchup trying to determine how much material I was going to need. If I build it just like this I will need 245 feet of steel which is if I make the front exactly like the back which I won't. I thought I was thinking it would be closer to 400 feet. The final product may not look exactly like this the top is going to be a problem but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Also I decided on a welder and ended up going with a Miller 211 after rebate it will only costing me about $125 more than the hobart. Plus the miller features infinite voltage control, is lighter and has autoset which might be a cool feature.

Cage%20Sketchup_zps3zbdoiou.jpg

16 hours ago, nkrell11 said:

Alright small update I was messing around with sketchup trying to determine how much material I was going to need. If I build it just like this I will need 245 feet of steel which is if I make the front exactly like the back which I won't. I thought I was thinking it would be closer to 400 feet. The final product may not look exactly like this the top is going to be a problem but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Also I decided on a welder and ended up going with a Miller 211 after rebate it will only costing me about $125 more than the hobart. Plus the miller features infinite voltage control, is lighter and has autoset which might be a cool feature.

Cage%20Sketchup_zps3zbdoiou.jpg

Holy bracing batman!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

1 hour ago, mcanderson0 said:

Holy bracing batman!

I bought all the stuff to go steel I'm not messing around lol. Your box is pretty well braced as well though. The floor I might do differently to gain a couple more cubes. I think I want to utilize the some space under the front for whatever lithium I get rather than running all the runs all the way to the back. Mount the amp/amps to the sides of the enclosure.

The built motors got me hooked! The roof came out real nice!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

1 minute ago, BP1Fanatic said:

The built motors got me hooked! The roof came out real nice!

Thanks man a lot of people like the motors I just hope they perform well. Wish I had a tool to measure guass just to see where they measure even though it's not a huge determining factor of overall performance.

Archived