Sonic Electronix

Rear view mirror rattle how to fix?

Are there any specialized Rear View Mirror for SPL Car Audio people? The rattle is getting out of control... (even on Trance Music!) What did you guys do to stop the excessive rattle?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, you would have turn your bass down.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWd1ShRnPbDG9ppgJKpumdA <---- show some love to my channel

Alpine MRH-F255 (old school), sub channel not used

Skar audio VX35-ST tweets in front  (invest in them they are worth it)

kicker zr120- nice underrated amp

Powerbass s1204 subwoofer in a 1.75 custom slot ported enclosure tuned to 30hz

Front doors Prv 6mb200s 8ohm

Alpine type-e 5.25 in dash took a shave and a hair cut.....- not in use

Rear doors alpine 6.5's model/series unknown but they are loud as hell

Factory alt

3.5 farad cap, does the job for now.

Deck is a pioneer mixtrax 700bt model

And my baby my Pioneer EQ-6500 i got for 10.00

Back-up amps- Ma Audio 598i, kicker zr120, my highly under rated JBL LC-A502 1xx watt amp...

On the side- Quantum tweets not yet installed

When I did mine I had to first remove it, usually there is a set screw. Then you want to take off the mount ass well if you can, this will make things easier later. After they are both off clean the windshield thouroughly. Now take the mirror and the mount and throw them in the trash.

5 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

When I did mine I had to first remove it, usually there is a set screw. Then you want to take off the mount ass well if you can, this will make things easier later. After they are both off clean the windshield thouroughly. Now take the mirror and the mount and throw them in the trash.

lol. I'm guessing there is no real way to stop the rear view mirror rattle for us SPL people. Meh. The rattle started happening when I turned my sub facing towards the rear trunk.  =[

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

What's a rear view mirror. Lol . Seriously be careful removing it , its  very easy to crack the windshield if your trying to remove the glued on metal piece.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Mine fell off. Luckily it didn't bust a hole in the dash.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Mine has a little set screw behind it. I just tightened it down and it helped out big time. 

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Archived