1st attempt@soldering

Hows this soldered tab look? Is that how you would solder wire directly to a speaker tab? What i did was fan the wires so its a flater wider surface(like the tab). Then heated the tab and tinned just the tab. Then got the wire and held it ontop of the tin mound on the tab, then heated it from under the tab until the wire sunk into the tin mound. Then let it sit for a second before i grab my solder so it doesnt fall appart. Then heated it from below again and applied small amount of solder directly to the fanned out part and done. Looks legit? No melted wire jacket. What ya'll think? Did i take the right steps?

Just tried to bend it around, not as brittle as the first wire2wire joint but i can hear/feel a lil crackling when i bend it but dont see and broke wires anywhere, might be breaking within the jacket. 

Like this right? Then solder. Should i use a longer section so i can get atleast two full twists? Or is one full twist plenty? Im guessing one twist is enough once the solder is involved.

That yellowish shit is the flux right, is that bad to have it on the part like that? I remember reading somewhere that to prevent the flux from corroding ur joint u need to be sure all the flux was heated and burnt out of the joint, is that true? Should i be aware of leaving flux on soldered areas?

Yes and yes

Nothing wrong with the flux left on.

Here is an example of bare wire and terminal before and after soldering.

IMG_0021_zpss2b3imve.jpgIMG_0022_zpskcg87im9.jpgIMG_0023_zpssi0gh34z.jpgIMG_0024_zpsfz2ain6r.jpgIMG_0025_zpsxlubmdnb.jpgIMG_0026_zpsypqbr1wb.jpgIMG_0027_zps3tbzkexr.jpg

This was using 10 awg wire to solder on the relay, as big as the 10 is it holds really well and will easily bend the tab.

The flux always makes it look like you didn't use enough solder, but it does.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Good thread guys.  Thanks.

EDIT: Ive never seen that tactic Skullz (although I dont solder often, either).  Get solder on both components first.  Good stuff.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived