Hey guys, I am new to this forum and would appreciate all the feedback I can get! Decided to go with sundown because of all the positive reviews and great community!

Anyways I want to build something that will give me the bump I am looking for in my daily driver. I had 2 15 kicker l7s previously with rated rms. This will be for a 2012 chevy Tahoe with alot of room to work with. After tons of research I have decided I really like the X series.

I am thinking about ordering 2 x15's with an either sundown4000.1 or the skar 4500.1 (little cheaper) (student loan life) and building a custom ported box to spec. Now with it tuned correctly and installed correctly, do you guys recommend upgrading electrical for this set up? All feedback is greatly appreciated, and suggestions are welcomed.

Electrical upgrades are recommended.  At least upgrade your big 3/4, but a new alt and more batteries never hurts if you plan on supplying steady voltage and current to a big ass amp that is pushing those monsters..

21 minutes ago, LAUDYDAUDY said:

If you're in the South Florida area we could work something out! I was quoted 650 for a custom box..1f644.png

im in tampa florida well riverview actually. how far are you?

4 hours ago, LAUDYDAUDY said:

Solid 4 hour drive. I am in Fort Lauderdale. How much did you want for the enclosure

Oh mine isn't for sale but I would have helped you build one just like it since I have the blue prints and it was for the x15s so its perfect for your suv.

but mine is birch which is a bit more than MDF but its a lot lighter! birch is like $50 a sheet and this 8.5 cubes takes 3 sheets with no mess ups.

plus screws, glue, caulk, carpet and terminal posts. 

I do have a table saw and router and everything else and I did  build this one myself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RudyRudez
      STEPPING IT UP A NOTCH And I Need Your help 😁 - I Recently installed dual 0ga runs for my bc3500d crescendo and have a few questions about my next setup. 1st. what size fuses should i use for under the hood since theres 2 runs? 2nd should i fuse after my second battery ? if so what size on those ? i will be getting a new secondary battery (old one gave out) what would be a recommended battery for this amp? 3rd I'm planning on upgrading my alt, i was looking at the 320 amp mechman what you guys think? And Last (i Sold my 2 12s Crossfire c7s, thinking of getting 2 15s ) what subs would you guys recommend for this setup ? Btw All of this is going in a tahoe. Thanks in advance 🤓 
    • By fmedina
      whats up fam. so heres a quick run down of my system. not a trunk build, not a wall, just a simple ugly back seat build lol i am a construction electrician with my trunk almost always full with tools and material for work. only other spot to fit a sub box with out doing a wall is my back seat. i just need some bass! not really going for looks. ive had some pictures on what i had before (just went from a skar evl15 to a dc xl15 and sae1500 to a dc 2k) so here are some recent pics... hope you guys enjoy... 
      i personally did the big3 with sky high 1/0 up front and ran power from front stock battery to rear full throttle group 34. messed up by getting a blue big 3 kit instead of red lol oh well. 

heres what it looked like before i swapped out the sae1500. the rest of the wiring was done by arden audio in sacramento. when i went home and did a lil inspection i have noticed the ground going to the 4ch amp was just self tapped in with 3 screws on the frame of the vehicle. wasnt too happy about it so instead of complaining i just went ahead and fixed it. both grounds are now sharing an existing grounding point directly under the driver seat. everything else was fine, thanks arden audio!
      and heres the box just sitting on the back seat haha 

• By Bl800dy
      I recently bought a crescendo 3500 for my hd12s and noticed that the clipping light turns on at a certain volume I haven’t tuned my amps but I don’t notice or here and distortion I have it on my daily driver, i never really tuned any of my past systems yet never had a problem with distortion/clipping does it matter if I get a little clipping in my system?
    • By Thomas1994
      I had the 2 15s in my envoy but due to very limited funds I'm moving the box (and rest of the build) to my mom's car for my trip to Florida in a few months. 
      The box is pretty small for 2 15s so why will fit in her car with no issues.
      Question is 
      How should I go about making my box fit in my moms trunk?
      Subs facing rear seat, top firing port
      Subs facing trunk, top firing box 
      Subs up, port firing into car
      Subs up, port firing into trunk
      2013 Kia Rio
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 909 Guests (See full list)