Sign in to follow this  
darkie14

Bad turn OFF pop with 3Sixty.3

I have a 2013 Ford Escape with the factory 9 speaker SYNC system (not Sony). I installed a RF P2 15" sub along with a Precision Power A404 (old school Art Series amp) and a RF Power 300 (old school) and a RF 3Sixty.3 processor. I used the 3Sixty high level inputs for signal and amp turn on. Everything was fine until the 3Sixty bricked out. I replaced the 3Sixty with an Audio Control LCQ-1. I had zero problems. I sent the 3Sixty back to Rockford (out of warranty) and paid the flat fee for repair. I got a 3Sixty back and reinstalled it. Now I have a serious turn OFF pop. The late model Fords have no 12 volt SWITCHED output that I can find. Ford uses a CANBUS system. The power stays on the processor and amps after you exit the car. The exterior and interior lights stay on after the key is removed. When the interior lights go off there is a loud POP then the power goes off. Then about a minute later the headlights will shut off but when they do the processor comes back on and turns the amps on and then they POP again and shut off. I didn't have this problem with the first 3Sixty or the AC LCQ-1. Did they send me back a bad processor? I tried the turn off delay and that didn't help. There is no audible turn ON noise. Extremely frustrating.

You have to go into th remote settings and set the turn off delay to 8sec. My Ford does the exact same thing. That will fix it. 

On 5/28/2017 at 6:08 PM, darkie14 said:

There is no 8 sec. for turn off. There is only 1, 2 ,4. You can set the turn ON up to 8 sec but not the off.

My bad. I knew there was an 8 sec option. Couldn't remember which one is was on. Set the turn off delay to 4sec if you haven't already. 

Tried that. No change. The problem is that the cars power stays on the processor and amps after you exit the car. The exterior and interior lights stay on after the key is removed. When the interior lights go off there is a loud POP then the power goes off. Then about a minute later the headlights will shut off but when they do the processor comes back on and turns the amps on and then they POP again and shut off.

Are you using a +12v for turn on/off or using the input sensing turn on/off?

and what are you using for your amps?

I am using input input sensing. I did find a 12 volt switched outlet in the rear fuse box but it had no affect on the pop. It still stays hot until the lights go out. The radio shuts off when you open the door but it also comes on and shows the Ford splash screen if you open any door after all of the power is off. I need to find a way to kill the power until the car is put into accessory or started. The pop is so loud I am afraid its going to damage the speakers. I tried hooking up my LCQ-1 back up and using it to power up the 3Sixty but it did the same thing. If I unhook the 3Sixty and hook up the LCQ-1 there is no pop. I think my refurbished 3Sixty is bad. I am using a Precision Power Art Series A404.2 for the highs.

Edited by darkie14

Or find a keyed off source. There has to be one. Has to be.. get meter, and find one 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Paul Kadoshnikov
      Just wanting to see if anyone can either point out the part # or if they are selling a dual or triple alternator bracket for a Ford F150 1997 4.6L V8. If its even possible with my model.
    • By aygobasshead
      Hi guys,
      I freshly installed my 3sixty.3, everything works, all wiring is correct no bad grounds whatsoever
      Remote out and in delay is set to 4 seconds, and still when I switch off, I hear a loud pop sound.
      What could this be? Please assist!

Thanks!
    • By xpoppadaddyx
      Here we go with another build.  This one won't be as slow as the Chevy TB and I'm excited for that.  This vehicle is my work car so I work on it profusely week after week.  I am hoping to get this one done by end month so until then here are my plans.  If what you see sounds familiar it probably is, but I won't tell...🤔  Thanks everyone prematurely for the comments and hope to have some good reviews from this build. 
      Rockford Fosgate T2500bdcp
      Rockford Fosgate T-400/4
      Audio Control Matrix
      Rockford Fosgate T152-s 5.25" mids
      Crescendo FT1's
      Rockford Fosgate T1D410's
      Xs Power
      Kinetik
      Mechman OFC 1/0
      Singer Alt 
      Pioneer HU
    • By I am Poncho
      Hi guys, its been a while since Ive posted anything at all on this forum. I've been around lurking a few time hear and there and never lost interest in the hobby, but life happens and you don't always have time or money for the things you love. Well that's why I am back, technically we're back, this is going to be the build log of my hetero life mates 2016 ford focus st3. We've bullsh!ted about doing a build here and there, but now things are finally underway.
      Let us start by saying the "stock" radio isn't exactly horrible, its done him well so far but we both knew from the beginning it was never going to be enough. So after a few sessions talking about what we could do, what he wants out of it, and what would be best for his music tastes, we decided on somewhat of a SQL system. Then more talking and researching this is where we are currently at...
      The power-plant.. 4/0 Big 3 Upgrade(because why not) Kinetik HC2000-PRO under the hood US Alternator high output alt       2. In the middle
      Crescendo S800.4 2x Crescendo Mezzo SQ2 comp sets Rockford fosgate 3sixty.3 12 awg knukoncepetz speaker wire 50ft each of knukonceptz OFC 1/0 awg Red/Black 60+ sqft damplifier pro 50+ sgft luxury liner pro       3. In the back
      Crescendo 5.5K FI Audio BTL Neo 15" 8 awg "speaker" wire Now I know ill probably catch people asking why the 5.5k when we could easily get by with something smaller, but that's what we settled on, and running at 2 ohms should work out great. Besides that we know we have a lot work ahead of us, but we've already started. I've played with a few ideas on different enclosures, and have a general idea of how we are going to fit the system in under the factory rear gate cover. Stock there is about 40in wide and about 15" high and about 23" deep of room. But if we build our own false floor to replace the factory one and remove the FULL size spare, we can easily free up another 5-7in of height. So that's what we are doing. Then plan currently is to build up and modest false floor and then house the 3sixty the factory amp and the 800.4 under neath it, with an extended USB port for the 3sixty inconspicuously located somewhere easily accessible once everything is installed, and possibly a fan or 2 to help keep everything cool under there. Well run 2 sets of power to the back under the car, possibly a ground or 2 as well seeing how thin all the sheet metal is back there. A distrobution block will be required in the back as well to feed power to the amps. the 3sixty will probably steal power from the factory radio, but maybe not. The doors will get the full treatment, hopefully we can form some sheet metal in all the dead air between the door frames(there will be pics a plenty). My having access to a full welding shop comes in handy there. We already got a decent amount of damplifier in the roof, but there really wasnt any room for the luxury liner and i dont think it would be crucial if it was left out so we did. Plus just getting the headliner out and back in again was enough of a headache. Currently the carpet and the seats are out and we're ready to start putting the damplifier on the floor and pillars and rear quarter panels. I'm sure Ill have more to add as the week goes on, but most of the progress that I'm helping with will be on the weekends, as we work opposite hours.
      (Note: Not everything as been purchased yet, some not for the lack of trying *cough*crescendo amps*cough*)
      TL;DR: Cool build incoming, Stay Tuned!
    • By Wicks
      Hey everybody,
      Time for me to join the party!
      The Harmon Kardon factory system in my M3 just wasn't doin' it for me so I decided to rip err all out and do some WERK!
      So here's what I started with:

I didn't like any of the factory components, so I'm building it head to toe, here's a list of the main components:
      Mechman 320A (to replaced the factory 120A)
      One run each (power/ground) of 0 gauge OFC, front to back (stock battery is in the trunk)
      Two XS Power XP3000's (jumped in on the group buy recently)
      Alpine INA-W900 (As you will see later, this was quite a battle to install)
      Alpine Imprint H100
      Alpine Sirius Tuner
      Coax signal cables
      12Ga Knu Kord speaker wire for Mids/Highs
      8Ga Stinger OFC for subs/highs amp
      Hertz HSK130 5 1/4" Components
      Rockford Fosgate Punch200DSM for the highs (OLD SCHOOL from 1993!)
      DC Audio 2.0K
      DC Audio XL12m2
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 342 Guests (See full list)