How much can I run on this rig?

Hey guys, just had my first professional install done on my Lexus ls430...the owner of the shop happened to have a similar model Lexus, so that was really cool.

What I had installed as listed

---20 foot of Wirez signature 0 AWG copper wire

---Wirez Mini ANL 0 AWG fuse holder (w/ 150 Amp fuse)

---Wirez Fused Distro Power Block - 2 Amp

Anyhow, I have a few questions...

1. What is the biggest Amp I can throw on here without adding a secondary battery?

2. If I added a secondary battery in the back and ran the 0 AWG directly from alternator to secondary battery (in this case it's gonna be either a JY power 45 or 79 AH 12 volt lithium ion battery.....would the 0 AWG be enough to charge this battery effectively so that I could power a large amp (eg. 3000 watts RMS or greater? I am just wondering how many batteries I can effectively charge without putting too much strain on the alternator...and of course I am considering getting a HO alternator...

3. If I throw on a 240 Amp Alternator, how can I limit the amount of current that is drawn through the 0 AWG into the secondary battery? eg. do I need a battery management system of some sort?

Knowing what ur current/stock battery is, and stock alternator power is, would help your first question by helping to "guesstimate" how much ur stock electrical will be able to power and maintain. Cant help u with the other questions, im too noobie for that lol. But i havent ever heard someone trying to limit their potential alternator power. Usually they want the most power out of an alt as they can. A 240 alt usually wont make 240 all the time, its just at higher engine RPMs. Like for example my Mechman HO 240 alt puts out 246 amps at 1800 RPM. At 800RPM idle it'll put out 145amps. 

Counter question: whats your goal?  

A single run of 1/0 can only carry about 300 amps.  If you dont want to run more wire, then you're limited to maybe 3kW total output.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

18 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Counter question: whats your goal?  

A single run of 1/0 can only carry about 300 amps.  If you dont want to run more wire, then you're limited to maybe 3kW total output.

Thanks for the reply, my goal is basically to build a setup that will sufficiently move some air in and around my vehicle...I am looking at starting with a 1600 watt RMS system and potentially moving up to a 5000 watt RMS system (if I find that 1600 watt RMS is not enough?!). 

My thought was to get one of those CAB 1600.1 amps and throw either a Sundown X on it or FI Q or JL W7..not yet sure what, any suggestions? 

If you want to move some air then I would go with the 5k and a pair of 18s and it will still be hard to do from the trunk.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived