Second Skin Audio

Help with first aero port box. Skar DDX 15

Pu61ic3n3my

So to start out this box will be going into the trunk of a 2005 chrysler 300c. Sub is a Skar Audio DDX 15 being powered by a matching rp 800.1 and max dimensions are: 17H x 31W x XD (D = anything really to make 4 cubes and fit aero port inside box if Possible). I already have a 4 cu ft slot ported box in the back with sub and port facing into the cabin, and it hits nice but i like the look of aero ports plus a change is nice every now and then. 

Now my question's really come down to: Sub/port placement ( IE: sub up port back, sub/port forward, sub back port forward) and what size aero port(s) should i go with? Looking for around the 32Hz range.. Also is there any advantage in having the length of the port inside the box vs outside?

Welcome to SMD. A six inch port might work with that power, but I would really use an 8. The only reason for an external port is because it won't fit in the box. Maybe @Triticum Agricolam can help.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

No subs up in a trunk car, I would recommend subs / port forward sealed off or subs / port rear firing (you could try that with your current box), as for the port size 6in is on the limit for that sub in a 4 cubic feet box, it may work but likely a properly sized slot port will do better.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Kingnolan said:

I’m looking to build a similar box for my zv3 15 any recommendations I want to go with an aero port as well it’s getting about 1400 rms

I suggest an 8" aero port, it will have to be long.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived