XS Power

Trying keep my install simple.i really dont want to upgrade alt.because of the pcm.was going to go with one or maybe two group 48agm batts.but thinking it might be to hard on alt to keep up..then i seen this sb500.was wondering if a single sb500 would be a better option.my system consist of one ampere 2k and two 150.4.no parking lot demos, just a daily.any input or thoughts?ive emailed xs waiting to gear back.but like opions thanksScreenshot_2018-01-16-12-56-08.thumb.png.2a04845764b18972422312afe8fc9bf0.png

i was looking at their banks too. I don't think anyone on here has picked one up, or if they have, they didn't mention it.

i wouldn't think there'd be any issue with a jump. I have exchanged emails with XS and they have balancing circuitry to keep everything level. here's the thread they started about their "SuperCells" https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194860-xs-power-supercell-ultracap-q-a/

I thought there was another thread or two, but I couldn't find it.

Edited by reedal

This is not your exact application but it can give you an idea of performance of you haven't already seen this.

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209286-4-xs-power-sb1000-31-cap-banks-unboxed-and-tested-in-the-tahoe-pics-video-in-progress/

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Keep in mind your PCM controlled alt will stop charging occasionally so your cap bank will discharge just like a battery will.  If you dont mind having the battery-light on, then you can get a 'single wire' regulator on your alt so that you charge at 14.2-15V (depending on temperature) all the time.

Or you can unplug your battery current sensor and charge at 13.8V all the time.  You wont get a battery light in this case.

I would add battery if you leave your alt alone, but thats just my opinion from my experience dealing with a PCM controlled alt with (2) AA5Ks at 0.35ohm.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

48 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Keep in mind your PCM controlled alt will stop charging occasionally so your cap bank will discharge just like a battery will.  If you dont mind having the battery-light on, then you can get a 'single wire' regulator on your alt so that you charge at 14.2-15V (depending on temperature) all the time.

Or you can unplug your battery current sensor and charge at 13.8V all the time.  You wont get a battery light in this case.

I would add battery if you leave your alt alone, but thats just my opinion from my experience dealing with a PCM controlled alt with (2) AA5Ks at 0.35ohm.

Having a battery light on will irritate me bad..im curious on this unplug sensor though i could live with 13.8 ..? 

My question i guess would a single sb500 be better then a single agm xs agm under the hood.? If go by watts the 500 is rated 4000 and xs agm is 2 or 3000? 

3 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

I think with a solid agm up front and that sb500 you should be solid at 2k. But that is just a guess honestly. I have no experience with them.

Trying stay with one batt under hood.thank you though ill thumb throug that thread

Contemplating picking one of these up myself when the tax return comes in. Probably go for the  47 myself and save some space.

With a 4000w max rating on the 500F a person would probably want to half that for rms power right?

I have a system total of 2400w rated rms stepping up to something in the 1000F series would probably be unnecessary ?  My only reason for considering the 1000F is i could probably ditch the two group 65 AGM's in the bed of my truck and save about 100lbs of weight.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers