Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

The very budget friendly Skar Audio RP2000.1D promises 2000 watts of clean power for $229 (or less refurbished, mine was $179 shipped direct from Skar Audio). You've seen me test amps before that turned out not quite meeting expectations. Is this amp different? Forget my expectations of the "minor cosmetic flaws" or the fact it was a miracle this amp survived the horrible packing job....we just care about results, right?

Only one way to find out...let's see more about the amp and make sure you watch all the way to the end....I always give you a little extra!

Full disclosure: Amplifier was purchased by me for the purpose of this test. All of the opinions in this video are my own and the content wasn't reviewed by anyone prior to posting. Skar Audio is an advertiser on the SMD Forum and not affiliated with this test or review.

Watch on YouTube in Full 4k HD Video

or embedded below:

 

 

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!


See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Posted

Can't believe there are not more comments....2249 watts RMS at 1 ohm certified for $179 is less than 8 cents per watt!!! Even at the new price of $229 it's right at 10 cents per watt, crazy cheap.

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!


See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Posted
6 minutes ago, BigDWiz said:

Can't believe there are not more comments....2249 watts RMS at 1 ohm certified for $179 is less than 8 cents per watt!!! Even at the new price of $229 it's right at 10 cents per watt, crazy cheap.

Being completely unfamiliar with Skar products, how are these amps as far as reliability and sound quality? At that price, I would be reluctant to trust its quality any more than a Boss amp. Just my $0.02

But, 2249 watts is quite impressive.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

RF Power T1000 BDCP

RF Punch 400-4

2 P2D4 12's

Posted

What does Boss Audio, MMATS, and Skar have in common?  The use of a Chinese capacitor supplier, Shenzhen Yuscon.  Very interesting!

Does anyone know for sure if Skar is Chinese or Korean assembled?  

Thanks for the videos, BigDWiz.  Always relevant. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Posted

I saw the dyno and was completely shocked!  I'm actually in the market to up the power in my wife's car and this just made the list.  I don't hear about them randomly blowing much either, unless I've missed something.  Thanks for sharing!

Posted

Ive had my lp series skar amps for over a year now with no issues. The lp series also do rated. I use them daily for extended periods of time and theyve never gotten hot or shut off for any reason.

Posted

Never owned a Skar amp. Only ran their speakers and subs but that's impressive. Waiting for the comments lmao

Posted

Yep thanks for the video Big D. I'm not one of the ones who preaches the big money amps equals quality. In fact I had purchased a Rockville off of your vids from it and even changed my name on here due to several arguements. I'm just not sure about these skar amps. But like others have said I'm not hearing a bunch about them going up in smoke. So they are proving themselves...

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

  4 FI X 10

 270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

 AA 3800.1

  (2) AA 75.4

     

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9483 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...