Sign in to follow this  
rsfm089

lithium ah vs agm ah

On 3/8/2019 at 9:59 PM, snb778 said:

hoping someone responds to this, but for those of us who aren't as technically educated, I'd love if one of you can break down for your average joe, is running a 2000-3000W system on a stock alt with a lithium ion battery a better idea than spending 1K on 2-4 AGM batteries and hassling with upgrading the Alt.  

I second this.

For around the same total price, is lithium better than AGM, and why? Because we are talking about hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars more for lithium. Why why why? 

I get the weight advantage. I understand lithium has a charging rate disadvatage. Now the other important aspects of battery power are discharge rate, capacity, and lifespan. So how do those compare to AGM of a similar overall cost. Let's say for example you bought $500 worth of AGM batts and $500 worth of lithium batts (assume trustworthy brands). 

Edited by k58.cross

Well at this point lithium is fairly new. Most people only know about limitless and JY because they are the big names. As technologies are becoming available we have to learn them to adapt. I think JY and limitless are outdated at this point because you can get way better for way less but it doesn't look as pretty. Below will be an example of my 45 ah cells that I have $450 in each bank and they are good for 8-10k clamped with moderate alt support. As the technologies improve agm is going further and further on the back burner. Lithium isn't expensive anymore if you know what you are looking for.

AFds4hI.jpg

Edited by Wishuponasub
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1
  • Confused (Neutral Rep) 1

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

2 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

Well at this point lithium is fairly new. Most people only know about limitless and JY because they are the big names. As technologies are becoming available we have to learn them to adapt. I think JY and limitless are outdated at this point because you can get way better for way less but it doesn't look as pretty. Below will be an example of my 45 ah cells that I have $450 in each bank and they are good for 8-10k clamped with moderate alt support. As the technologies improve agm is going further and further on the back burner. Lithium isn't expensive anymore if you know what you are looking for.

AFds4hI.jpg

Are those the Veachium cells? I have 75 LTO cells rt now and a buddy has 75 also. We were going to case and balance them to profit but they're selling for so cheap we might have wasted our money lol. I can't use them in my navigator until I get my second alternator because you can't mix these ones with AGM so I just got a few full throttle AGM yesterday... Might wait on lithium another year. 

They are the same exact as veachium  but from a different seller. Veachiums bars are better but not $300 better.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

9 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

They are the same exact as veachium  but from a different seller. Veachiums bars are better but not $300 better.

Good lithium rt there. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1