150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

2 hours ago, CleanSierra said:

Are you going to be wiring that thing up to a 2 ohm load?

I think dibo was considering his output after impedance rise

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

I'd like to see a clamped 3.5k of clean unclipped power. My electrical is pretty beefy. Just need more reserve. I do have dual runs of 1/0 ofc wire throughout, a 270 Mechman, and I'm going to grab another set of dual inputs. I should be ok with 2 group 31's and my Bosch g24 AGM starter battery. If not I'm going to consider lithium. I'm not sure I want 300 pounds of batteries in my trunk. 

I'm currently trying out one of Veach's 30ah banks.  I'm highly impressed thus far.  I have an Orion HCCA 8k at .5, clamping 7300 watts at 1.3 ohm reactive, and I'm only dropping to 13v.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

Crossfire mids & highs and amps

65ah Cmax bank

Iraggi 320a and Mechman 300a

3 hours ago, DiBo said:

I'd like to see a clamped 3.5k of clean unclipped power. My electrical is pretty beefy. Just need more reserve. I do have dual runs of 1/0 ofc wire throughout, a 270 Mechman, and I'm going to grab another set of dual inputs. I should be ok with 2 group 31's and my Bosch g24 AGM starter battery. If not I'm going to consider lithium. I'm not sure I want 300 pounds of batteries in my trunk. 

Lithium is definitely the way to go. I know I'll never go back to AGM again

Because you keep mentioning what the amps do at their 2 ohm ratings, that's why. Side note, I've never understood why guys who don't compete aggressively care to know what they clamp. It shouldn't matter for a daily ride in the least. If you were going to hardcore compete, I get knowing clamp ratings but for a daily ride it doesn't make sense to me. I competed over 2 years before deciding to finally clamp, and that was purely for giggles.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

nice build man.   here with ya in that trunk life.   dropped a 48.1 last weekend at Lincoln City.  sealed on the dash.  my personal best.  that 50 feels like a dream....sigh.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

2 hours ago, CleanSierra said:

Because you keep mentioning what the amps do at their 2 ohm ratings, that's why. Side note, I've never understood why guys who don't compete aggressively care to know what they clamp. It shouldn't matter for a daily ride in the least. If you were going to hardcore compete, I get knowing clamp ratings but for a daily ride it doesn't make sense to me. I competed over 2 years before deciding to finally clamp, and that was purely for giggles.

I thought the same. Dude keeps saying 2ohm stuff. So I thought the exact same. It's not like you can keep a 2ohm relative load all day. So, I got lost as shit to. 

And, again,  agree... if your not in the lanes, who cares? Hell, even in the lanes, I dont care 98% of the time. The board is making some power, or its not. I can see burp guys being all over it,.. but for what we do,.. clamped numbers hardly matter at all. Well, for us anyway. 

2 hours ago, hoit said:

nice build man.   here with ya in that trunk life.   dropped a 48.1 last weekend at Lincoln City.  sealed on the dash.  my personal best.  that 50 feels like a dream....sigh.

That is a dope score by the way. Nice job. Surf city show, is one I HAVE to get to. Bums me out to not get there. I'm sure it was a riot. Many good people hit that show. Many many. Such good peeps. 

11 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

But, like, hitting a exact 2ohm reactive load... all but impossible. Why is 2ohm such a big deal. I think thata what many of us are scratching their head at. And ob music? Throw all of that out the window. Know what I'm (we) are saying ? 

I honestly was just trying to guess what I might be getting RMS. I'm just trying to learn and I figured why not learn the technical side. Competing is a possibility. I'm stacking Equipment and having fun. Maybe I'm getting a little too technical soon but... Nothing wrong with knowing what you're doing a little. 

Archived