150 from the trunk? (Update) single Fi team 15 on Wolf 4.5k

All cars are different. 

You're using x's so if you tune low like you should but your cabin peaks high then you're going to be sol on the meter (more than likely). 

I'd rather be able to hair trick over higher DB's any day. I could honestly give two shits what I meter. 99% of the time someone hears my system they don't believe me its only one 12. Its fuggin lovely ?

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 77-AUDIO said:

THOR DID IT WITH 2 10" SUBS  So it can be done

With going through SEVERAL drivers, making his own drivers, and a fucking 7.5k on each at .25., with batteries all over the back of the car floor. Dude tested and tuned for SEASONS....

I heard, sat in his rig,  and spoke with rob an entire day at DC HQ. 

No one is saying its not possible., im certainly not,..... no one is. But,.... the shits not just hooking shit up, and wanging. 

Fuck the numbers man. Just build it how u want it. Make it look nice and tune it right. People get too hyped up over numbers imo. If your not competing build it for you. Im bettin youll be satisfied with wat u got.

6 hours ago, Mitchaford said:

All cars are different. 

You're using x's so if you tune low like you should but your cabin peaks high then you're going to be sol on the meter (more than likely). 

I'd rather be able to hair trick over higher DB's any day. I could honestly give two shits what I meter. 99% of the time someone hears my system they don't believe me its only one 12. Its fuggin lovely 1f601.png

I can dig it. Seems like all that's happened since I went with 2 subs is I've had to spend hella ? and now I'm doing that I said I wouldn't... Chasing a number. Might just turn these around and call it a day!! But the homie swears 150 gonna make me it's bitch so... Just might have to be game on. Lol

1 hour ago, Kyblack76 said:

With going through SEVERAL drivers, making his own drivers, and a fucking 7.5k on each at .25., with batteries all over the back of the car floor. Dude tested and tuned for SEASONS....

No one is saying its not possible., im certainly not,..... no one is. But,.... the shits not just hooking shit up, and wanging. 

That's what a buddy is telling me. Haha. He knows too. Some people are just hard headed. I'm not anymore and I have an SUV now so I can get loud a lil bit easier. 

1 hour ago, DiBo said:

I can dig it. Seems like all that's happened since I went with 2 subs is I've had to spend hella 1f35e.png and now I'm doing that I said I wouldn't... Chasing a number. Might just turn these around and call it a day!! But the homie swears 150 gonna make me it's bitch so... Just might have to be game on. Lol

I would suggest you drive around for a bit with the gear you have and learn what you like and dislike about it.  Tune it a bit, play with settings, tweak the heck out of it to suit your tastes....and if it doesn't deliver what you hope to achieve you will know better on what to do to get to that point.  That way you won't just be blowing money you dont have on stuff you dont really need.  More than all of that though, enjoy it!  You busted your ass for all that dough so enjoy it as much as you can!  Pimp some pics of it too, so we can all share that with you!

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

Yeah I got these 4 10s hooked up and they sound good but they are not loud as I expected. By ear not number, I haven't metered it yet. Within a week I was thinking about selling them and grabbing some 15s. But as a noob and after talking it over with the wife I decided to keep playing around with these for awhile and learn what I'm doing before I move on to the next build. I'm having fun either way.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

2 12s on 6k should be pretty sweet for a daily. I'm running 1 18 on 2k and it's pretty sweet. Forward fire, sealed off. Ported through rear deck. Only reason I want to throw more power at it is because the sub wants more lol...

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

On 4/17/2018 at 5:30 PM, Kyblack76 said:

true words spoken here... i wish i could have heard the fusion :(

:ninja:

Archived