Mack187Murder Posted May 31, 2018 Report Posted May 31, 2018 So I just read somewhere not to build.a subwoofer box square..as it will fuck with the sound waves. I just built.a 1 cubic foot sealed box for a 1000 wrms 10" Hertz sub. It's leaning more.towards rectangle.than square but still very close to a perfect square. Every home tgeater sub. Enclosure you see is a square. Soooooooo I'm a little.confused.if this is bullshit or not I know second skin makes.these little circular wavy rubbers that you put behind midhigh and midbass wwooofers to break up.the sound waves. I have 2 of those actually. And if necessary could put one in the box. .
PC Principal Posted May 31, 2018 Report Posted May 31, 2018 Sounds like a myth to me. I have always used sealed enclosures that are either square or rectangular and have never had any issues. 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser RF Power T1000 BDCP RF Punch 400-4 2 P2D4 12's
Skullz Posted May 31, 2018 Report Posted May 31, 2018 Square and cube style boxes can be a bit of a problem as the sound waves bounce inside they amplify frequencies and cause the box to resonate and create an unwanted sound emanating from it. One solution is to line the box with dacron or cotton batting, or you could use some polyfill, and that will usually stop it from resonating noise. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Crazy 8s Drums Posted May 31, 2018 Report Posted May 31, 2018 Almost every sub box is square or rectangular...if that were really a problem everybody's box wouldn't be rectangular or square. Orion XTR amplifiers Skar subs
AlpineNut Posted May 31, 2018 Report Posted May 31, 2018 Who ever told you this has no realistic idea bout what they are talking about and getting anymore car audio info from them should be treated with caution! 73456w9vbwevsdb sodtbsorutnvsd sdtuspdun sd d f gsdfiusd gdf n
Mack187Murder Posted May 31, 2018 Author Report Posted May 31, 2018 I read it off.of a crutch field.box building tutorial. Was just trying to fgure out if true or not. Thanks for the replies .
reedal Posted May 31, 2018 Report Posted May 31, 2018 It’s not so important with subs as it is with mids/highs. Subs (typically, although it depends on the person) play non-directional frequencies, so while you may still have resonances in an enclosure, there is no need to have something to disrupt the backwave (like the second skin speaker tweakers you mentioned). When you start playing directional frequencies (~80Hz and above) then yes, having something to disrupt and disperse the backwave becomes beneficial, rather than having a flat board behind the speaker (square enclosure) SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
fecupe2001 Posted May 31, 2018 Report Posted May 31, 2018 i love how people repeat dumb things out there, glad you asked that bro. Did you guys know few of the world record holders on db drag racing use perfect cube boxes???? for example, 16x16x16 box with one sub up and one sub forward with 8" aero facing to driver side can be so damn louder than almost any other 2 12s box you test on a hatchback, guess that can answer your question, it´s a complete BS myth, cheers! I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Skullz Posted June 1, 2018 Report Posted June 1, 2018 The bad properties associated with both types of boxes have been known for decades, there is a reason why we brace our enclosures. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Markous Posted June 1, 2018 Report Posted June 1, 2018 It only matters if you're using a square subwoofer cause those produce square sound waves and in a square box the outcome could be disastrous! '07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said: of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger. only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.