Single din active capable headunits what our my options?

Single din active capable headunits what our my options?

Currently have to the pioneer 80prs. Which works good but doesn't like full tilt screen sometimes flashes on and off. Also this is like the 4th one I have gone thru in the last couple years. What our my other options without breaking the bank?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Ziptie the faceplate.  My second PRS hasnt had a single issue since I installed it with a ziptie over the right side (over the connector area).

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

4 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Ziptie the faceplate.  My second PRS hasnt had a single issue since I installed it with a ziptie over the right side (over the connector area).

You gotta do what you gotta do!  lol!  I laugh at the scenario, not at you WS.

There is a gaping hole in the market for a HU for sound quality that can take a beating better than the prs80.  The PRS80 is about to be phased out too which will make an even larger gap.

Orion XTR amplifiers

Skar subs

I have an 80 prs too but sadly they haven't made an up to date version so the build quality is a little lackluster...

What I suggest is getting a decent head unit and a good DSP so you can control everything with the DSP instead of the HU. 

There’s not too much of a gaping hole.  I have head units with superior SQ that have a fully adjustable SQ9 EQ and SRS Circle Surround Automotive and the Class-T Tripath chip and 5v preouts (F/R/Sub).  I can’t post up anything in the FS thread here, but they are currently on the market on a famous auction site ? ?

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

24 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

what is an sq9 EQ?

SQ9 is a 9 band EQ which is fully adjustable (Panasonic).  From 25hz up to 20khz.  Adjustable from -12db to +12db.

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

34 minutes ago, PaCiFiKbAllA said:

SQ9 is a 9 band EQ which is fully adjustable (Panasonic).  From 25hz up to 20khz.  Adjustable from -12db to +12db.

I believe you mean Parametric. You must have Panasonic on the brain due to all of those units you’ve been buying up ;)

5 minutes ago, reedal said:

I believe you mean Parametric. You must have Panasonic on the brain due to all of those units you’ve been buying up ;)

? When I say Panasonic, I mean Panasonic ? my collection is on the market right now...need to save for vacation ?

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Maybe I’m misunderstanding you, but I am under the impression that Panasonic is a brand (that does sell EQs), but I’ve never heard of Panasonic Equalization. Shelving, Graphic, Semi-Parametric, and Parametric are the terms I am familiar with. Could you please explain or link me to Panasonic Equalization?

Archived