Second Skin Audio

No subwoofer break-in my ASS!!

DiBo

5 hours ago, Smoove said:

Wolfram 4500 will do 5k wired at .5 on most setups
switching from a 3" coil 2k sub to a 4" coil 5k sub that easily takes 7k on a burp you better bring the power .
there are a couple threads on here of guys doing 150 from the trunk on a single Fi team on a 3500w amp.
a fi team 15 has an FS of 32 not 41

My woofer has a fs of 47. Hasn't dropped hardly at all. This experience was NECESSARY. We'll call it paying dues. The nerve I had to think to his was gonna be a breeze... Haha gonna grab a zv5 today I think at d4s and see how it sounds. It's nice having all these woofers local to me in Vegas. Maybe I'll get a couple of the new 3" coil sp4's coming soon. Fi woofers are insane! I know now

12 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Not really.

But I suppose it probably does make more noise, which I guess to some is more musical.

So consistent power output over a frequency response range doesnt help the output sound more even across that range?  Huh.  Well I guess you know everything man, I should just listen to you.  I mean, I drive daily wired down, and it sounds much better than when I was wired higher.  Guess my ears dont work.  Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

i never worry about impedance rise, i just wire in the dirt and go ham. if i dont like what i get i either build a new box or just throw more power at it till the sub runs out of coil or motor. 

If you feel you can do something about rise  without just building 57 boxes, go ahead and try. 

4 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

i never worry about impedance rise, i just wire in the dirt and go ham. if i dont like what i get i either build a new box or just throw more power at it till the sub runs out of coil or motor. 

If you feel you can do something about rise  without just building 57 boxes, go ahead and try. 

Well I just got a dual 1 ohm zv5... So I'm going to wire to a half and see what happens. Didn't feel like waiting life on a recone or new woofer from fi.

Archived