Hello everyone please helpme i'm planning on buy a Skar subwoofer 15" the vxf series to be more specific, are they good subs? Or i should look for other brand? I get some comments that the voice coil burn to quick...i got the skar RP.2000.1 amp 

With an optimal enclosure to driver specs, know and operate at your driver's limits, you should be fine.

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

Skar puts out  very good subs and amps  I think of them like Sundown is Rockford power series and Skar is the Punch line . I’m a big fan of Skar.

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

3 Sundown SA-10's D4 ohm

American Bass VFL 120.1 Running at .6 ohms

250amp alternator

Mids all Alpine type R 's 2 set's of 6.5 components and 1 set of 6x8's 

3 Rockford PBR's 300x2

6 Kinetic batteries

F150 Supercrew 2010

I have used skar woofers for many years now. I have done builds with the VD, VVX, DDX, EVL, VXF, and ZVX. I have never had a problem with the subs. I think they are a very budget friendly company as a whole. What this boils down to is your overall budget and power abilities such as electrical and amp power. The Rp2000.1 is a solid amp and will power any of the subs up to the ZVX rather well. Keeping your voltage up is key so you don't clip the hell out of the woofer and reach mechanical failure.

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

Thanks to all, i ordered the vxf and i wasnt desapointed it sound very loud..only planning on biuld the box to Specs ...all my speakers are Skar Brand...i Will post pics of all my setup later

On 10/14/2018 at 4:28 PM, Ron36 said:

Skar puts out  very good subs and amps  I think of them like Sundown is Rockford power series and Skar is the Punch line . I’m a big fan of Skar.

That's a decent comparison

• Thanks (+1 Rep) 1