Is the 45ah Limitless Battery Equivalent to 4 100ah AGM batteries?

If this is true then 4 XS d3100s would = about 1600 dollars, so buying the 45ah would save me 600 bucks?

Im coming to realize that the sub and amp are the cheapest things lol, getting all the wire, fuse holders, and batteries is the bulk of it haha.   

I also need to buy a lithium charger too which are 200-300 dollars.... OMG lololol.

It just now hit me that ill be spending 1000-2000 dollars on BATTERIES.... what am i doing .....................

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

41 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

I remember when i used to think i could stick to a budget. 

Once you actually know about good car audio and what a legit build consists of there is no more budget builds, lmfao.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Looks like they really are from all the research iv done.  From all the threads iv read it seems like everyone is ditching XS power bats and lithiums and going to JY and Limitless. 

And now since JY and Limitless are the same prices, it's down to looks?   The limitless does come in a nice box with some sweet ass terminals.  

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

3 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

Looks like they really are from all the research iv done.  From all the threads iv read it seems like everyone is ditching XS power bats and lithiums and going to JY and Limitless. 

And now since JY and Limitless are the same prices, it's down to looks?   The limitless does come in a nice box with some sweet ass terminals.  

DIY lithium. 

I wanna see some math on this. How can one 45ah beat multiple 100ah?

Here's what I know:

Lithium can discharge farther. Like 80% safe discharge versus AGM only being 50% safe discharge.

Lithium survives many more cycles. So one lithium battery will last MUCH longer than one AGM.

Lithium can provide higher dynamic (burst) current. Does it provide a noticeable difference compared to AGM?

Lithium's big flaw: Low charging current restrictions. Can't charge them as fast safely.

So yeah, it lasts longer and has 30% more usable capacity. But that would make the 45ah lithium = 58.5ah AGM. And yes you'll have to replace your AGM's sooner, but that doesn't help your amps and the current they need when the bass hits. Please school me on why exactly we should pay so much more, besides for longevity.

Longevity 

rapid discharge/charge depending on c rating of cells

and the weight

those are the benefits of lithium

now the downside with car audio lithium’s is they do not have a bms (battery management system) so if you do not know what you are doing things can go bad quick. You need to look at your charging voltages how far you discharge and temps the battery is kept at. 

At at the very minimum you want a battery that at least has a balancing circuit 

if your cells get out of balance it’s all bad and you can run into serious problems 

What constitutes the cells being out of balance? Like, how much can the voltage difference be? + or - %?  I have 4 cells, 2 are resting at 3.7 ahd the other 2 are resting at 3.53. they have been in series, in a group of 4 on a trickle charge for a couple of days, and the voltage is still the same for each cell when i measure them individually.  Should each cell read exactly the same? 

Archived