Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Fi Sp4 + on AAK 4k Daily Box Design Help


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm seeing the AAK 5500.1D on preorder for 200 off, probably the cheapest Ill be able to find it.

GP has free dual inputs for the same price as down4sound. 

Anyone have experience buying from either of these websites?

Posted

GP all day long. I love those guys. I have an SP4plus 18 in my jeep on a t2500-1bdcp tuned to 30 Hz. She hits the lows with authority. You are going to be very happy. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Mike4068 said:

GP all day long. I love those guys. I have an SP4plus 18 in my jeep on a t2500-1bdcp tuned to 30 Hz. She hits the lows with authority. You are going to be very happy. 

Damn you fit an 18 in a jeep? Got any pics of that, love to see it!

GPs looking like a better deal with those dual inputs.

Posted

Yup, no room for anything else though. It's 7 cubes. I have a few pics but they are too big to upload for some reason. I had to install 2 extra sets of mids and highs to compensate for the Fi. It's a beast and I love it. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Joshdashef said:

Sorry misread that! 

I'll look at it in WinISD with a tune of 28. SSF at 22 won't damage it will it?

22hz is "close enough" to a half octive below tuning. I do like that you're actually looking at SSF settings and not saying you wanna play 16hz while tuned 32. People who do that crack me up when they kill a sub and blame the manufacturer.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Smoove said:

22hz is "close enough" to a half octive below tuning. I do like that you're actually looking at SSF settings and not saying you wanna play 16hz while tuned 32. People who do that crack me up when they kill a sub and blame the manufacturer.

haha humans can only hear what 20 Hz anyways? sure you could feel below that I guess but I like to hear my music as a human not a cyborg. 

I plotted up 28 Hz vs. 32 Hz and it looks like the peaks for 28 Hz has 1.3 db @ 30 Hz. and 32 Hz has 3.28 db @ 34 Hz. 

30 Hz looks like it gives the best of both worlds. Peak is inbetween both, f3 of about 26 Hz, and 46 Hz at 0 db. 

 

In the real world, how do these numbers effect daily musical listening. I'm not chasing numbers or competing but I do have a meter to test SPL for shits and giggles. 

 

Port area is 14.5" x 4.5" (65.25in^2) for all of these,

Length of port for tuning is as follows in inches:

(Blue) 28Hz - 49.17,

(Red) 30 Hz - 41.97,

(Green) 32 Hz - 36.08

1298503496_functionmag.thumb.png.9e158154b560e74526be08744a701f65.png

Posted

chances are, on music you may not hear a difference between 28-32 unless you are digging for low 20's.
sound like you'd be happy 30hz with the SSF set at like 24hz.
I personally dont use my SSF, I just watch what I play, I usually just try to play 24 and up.

Posted

Sp4 not musical really? ..... first I’ve heard about this everyone else who I’ve talked to who ran them say they are.. not the sq of a q or havoc but still plenty musical... doesn’t matter I have awhile before I get back into building sad 😢 

Posted
11 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

Sp4 not musical really? ..... first I’ve heard about this everyone else who I’ve talked to who ran them say they are.. not the sq of a q or havoc but still plenty musical... doesn’t matter I have awhile before I get back into building sad 😢 

What’s stopping you from building man?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5712 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...