Sonic Electronix

OK so I am hoping someone can help...

I have 2 subs I am thinking of wiring to a single monoblock amplifier. They are both 4 ohms, but one is DVC and one has a single voice coil. The DVC is conservatively rated at 600W RMS total, and the SVC is rated at 350W RMS. Since they are all 4 ohm coils, with similar power ratings per coil, can I wire them all in parallel to a single amplifier? (They are different brand subs but have similar T/S parameters, and will be in their own respective sealed boxes) Also, what (roughly) would be the resulting impedance? 

Thanks for helping! 

Honestly I’d use the dvc for now. Sell the svc one and use that to buy another of the same model dvc. 

56 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

Honestly I’d use the dvc for now. Sell the svc one and use that to buy another of the same model dvc. 

The plan is ultimately to have (2) of the B2 12's in a single ported box, but I was just going to play around a bit until I get the second one, and get the box built. I'm just curious if it will even work? I don't want to damage brand new equipment. ... I just figured since the old sub is just going to collect dust anyway, why not put it to use for a little while longer?... 

The worst that could happen is the svc gets too much and blows the dvc should be fine. Since your putting them in different enclosures you don’t have to worry about them hurting each other but cancelation can still happen due to different specs but if they are similar enough send it 

Bringing this up again, because I am about to pull the trigger on a new amp and I don't want to f### anything up. 

I know by the numbers that I should yield roughly a 1.33 ohm load.However, I don't know the intricacies of single coil subs vs dual vcs, and the harmonics and all the devil's details that could ruin someone's day. I am looking at getting a B2 1200.1 amp to replace my piece of crap 500.1@2ohm that I doubt is hitting those numbers. 

Annnnnnnyway until I get the second B2 sub AND build the box for the both of them... Is it gonna hurt either the amp or either of the 2 subs if I wire them up parallel? The B2 amp is rated 1200.1 @ 1ohm. I'm guessing driving the DCV B2 and the Infinity Kappa SVC will net them 600 and 300 watts respectively...... (ish) .... 

before I blow something up... is there anything I should be worried about? Is my math right?? Inquiring minds want to know!!

12 hours ago, AaronT said:

The dual 4 ohm sub will see twice as much power.

Even though final load is 1.33, the coil still has that nominal impedance of 2 ohm versus the 4 ohm Sub.

The dual 4 coil will be 2ohm impedance in this "circuit" and gobble up more power

Not how it works boss.

The amp/board, sees a load, and puts out wattage. The amp cant put more power through a pair of wires, vs another. The amp, sees resistance, and puts in work. 

Fire that bitch up and see what happens ... come back and give us a review. If anything goes up in smoke, make sure it’s on video !!! 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived