ProtoMISTx Posted December 3, 2019 Report Posted December 3, 2019 I have a problem to set gain to Taramps amplifier full range HD series. I use it with great satisfaction with amplifier with korean board (no problem to set gain and overlap). I'm trying to set a HD3000 taramps, I set headunit to maximum undistorted volume and gain amplifier minimum, just prove to turn up gain amplifier I have immediately distortion after this, pass to set overlap to 3db. In the end with two Taramps HD 3000, two HD 800, HD 2500 ad so on, gain of amplifier it's just up to minimum. This is normal? Or with Brazilian amplifier or Taramps amplifier DD-1 plus have some problems? Quote
Mike4068 Posted December 3, 2019 Report Posted December 3, 2019 Some of the Taramps don't use an inductor on the output stage as a filter and this causes issues with the dd-1. Quote
ProtoMISTx Posted December 3, 2019 Author Report Posted December 3, 2019 Thank you for your reply, I don't know this problem. do you know problems with any other brand? Quote
Mike4068 Posted December 3, 2019 Report Posted December 3, 2019 I've only heard about the Taramps but I would guess that it could be other Brazilian amps as well. Quote
Smoove Posted December 3, 2019 Report Posted December 3, 2019 I don't know which models of Taramps, but the distortion on certain models is to high to properly work with a DD-1 Quote 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
TexasRam Posted December 3, 2019 Report Posted December 3, 2019 1 hour ago, Smoove said: I don't know which models of Taramps, but the distortion on certain models is to high to properly work with a DD-1 Nah, ive confirmed dd1+ functionality on numerous taramps Quote 2010 Ram 1500, Pioneer deh80prs,2-12" RE SXXv2's downfired in vinal wrapped center console box, kenwood 6x9's in the doors on a mtx 4 channel, viper 5901, big 3, kinetik 2000
CstrokerV Posted December 4, 2019 Report Posted December 4, 2019 2 hours ago, TexasRam said: Nah, ive confirmed dd1+ functionality on numerous taramps And? There are some that do not work with the dd-1 what is your point Quote my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
meade916 Posted December 18, 2019 Report Posted December 18, 2019 On 12/3/2019 at 5:25 PM, CstrokerV said: And? There are some that do not work with the dd-1 what is your point it's not that a dd-1 doesn't work with ANY amp. It does. But if you show it massive amounts of distortion guess what you are going to see? a distortion light. It ain't a particular brand and the dd-1 "not getting along". If the amp is having issues, it isn't the dd-1, it is the amp being dirty. Put that shit on an o-scope i bet it looks like horse poop. 2 Quote All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications! http://www.youtube.com/meade916 Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them http://www.instagram.com/meade916 The Official SMD Facebook fan Page https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/ Follow my Tweet (Twitter) http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
CstrokerV Posted December 18, 2019 Report Posted December 18, 2019 2 hours ago, meade916 said: it's not that a dd-1 doesn't work with ANY amp. It does. But if you show it massive amounts of distortion guess what you are going to see? a distortion light. It ain't a particular brand and the dd-1 "not getting along". If the amp is having issues, it isn't the dd-1, it is the amp being dirty. Put that shit on an o-scope i bet it looks like horse poop. That’s what I meant, with what the other people saying I just get to quick to type habit of mine sometimes Quote my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.