As of tomorrow my boss finally has an actual shop.

No more working out of the local trade center parking lot.

Now, I posted this thread seeking help from experienced shop owners.

My "Boss"- I should say friend who owns the business- is VERY picky on what he likes to sell.

I showed him the DC Sound Lab website one nday asking him if he would be interested in becoming a dealer for them.

He took one look at the baskets and said no because they we're made by RE. (I know this to be incorrect.)

He is a dealer for RE but prefers to sell the lesser brands.

My buddy wants to get an RE SX18" and he won't seel it to him even though My buddy works there.

Is there a way I can convince him to take a look at other actual decent brands without him getting all pissy?

Also,

What is some other general advice when operating a shop?

Thanks.

Tell him that the basket design used is common on most subwoofer brands.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

My "Boss"- I should say friend who owns the business- is VERY picky on what he likes to sell.

I showed him the DC Sound Lab website one nday asking him if he would be interested in becoming a dealer for them.

He took one look at the baskets and said no because they we're made by RE. (I know this to be incorrect.)

My buddy wants to get an RE SX18" and he won't seel it to him even though My buddy works there.

Is there a way I can convince him to take a look at other actual decent brands without him getting all pissy?

Also,

Thanks.

give him some "special" brownies, or just strait up spike his drinks

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

SHOW HIM the product and how killer it is and why it will sell and turn him a profit.

He needs to see it as something that can make him money not just enough to get by.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

I will but I need to get some cash up first.

I want to get a LV4 18 and show him how un-sloppy 18's are.

If it's not in his wholesale book he doesn't want to test it out.

I'm going there tomorrow when the papers get signed.

I'm going to talk to him personally about it.

Logan,

He smokes so much pot as it is he would need to eat a whole Cake let alone a brownie. :lol:

He gets creative when he is in a "creative" state of mind.

Some stuff I don't want to say because it may be a potential business risk if I do.

Anyone willing to throw down and hook me up with a LV4? :lol:

Rusty,

Would you be willing to donate to this purpose? :lol:

I will but I need to get some cash up first.

I want to get a LV4 18 and show him how un-sloppy 18's are.

If it's not in his wholesale book he doesn't want to test it out.

I'm going there tomorrow when the papers get signed.

I'm going to talk to him personally about it.

Logan,

He smokes so much pot as it is he would need to eat a whole Cake let alone a brownie. :lol:

He gets creative when he is in a "creative" state of mind.

Some stuff I don't want to say because it may be a potential business risk if I do.

Anyone willing to throw down and hook me up with a LV4? :lol:

Rusty,

Would you be willing to donate to this purpose? :lol:

like i said, you can fit alot in 1 brownie, i have a recipe for boo's that involves a whole gallon of vodka....and you cant taste any damn vodka at all

just gotta kno hot to cook it... ;)

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

how about the ascendant audio brand. Fi seems like they are getting huge these days.. Sundown also offers up dealer slots to brick and mortar establishments.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Also,

Thanks.

You're in michigan... stuff like DC will not sell. It is hard as hell to keep an audio shop open in michigan, the only thing that saves them is remote starts. Name brands sell around here. Our shop(s) has been around for 30years... I'd say they are doing somethign right... and that is targeting remote starts in the winter and carrying brand names that will sell in the summer(kenwood, mtx, rf, and jl).

Pick up a GOOD installer that can do SHOW QUALITY cars that will showcase the shop. Not just a custom box... i'm talking full blown fiberglass.

At our shows we usually bust out stuff like this(just a few i picked out of the gallery):

http://www.dukescarstereo.com/gallery_view.cfm?id=39

http://www.dukescarstereo.com/gallery_view.cfm?id=38

http://www.dukescarstereo.com/gallery_view.cfm?id=57

http://www.dukescarstereo.com/gallery_view.cfm?id=32

http://www.dukescarstereo.com/gallery_view.cfm?id=18

http://www.dukescarstereo.com/gallery_view.cfm?id=35

it just sorda shows we can do it all. In the tri-cities(flint, saginaw, bay city) dukes is basically a house-hold name. They got that way from cornering the market on remote starts(we do the most for DEI in michigan), wicked installs, and quality brands.

Hope that helps... i've been around michigan shops for 8years... and installing at them for 4. I've kinda picked up what works and does't.

Brands like kicker, jl, rf, memphis, and mtx will sell... dont' carry all them(actually can't carry all of them... certain companies don't like others)...

Advice on running a shop?

Do comission for installers... will motivate them more. I do a hell of alot more now than I did before when I was on hourly.

Screen your employees well... mobile electronics draws the shadiest people.

Don't hire someone because they went to a car audio school, I can't stress that one enough.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000