Entered my first ever comp the other weekend and did a 150.8 with 2 x ZeroFlex EVO 15's 1500rms subs and 2 x ZeroFlex 2000w strapped 2ohm in a music box. I'm now looking at chasing the 155 mark. I'm upgrading to a Zeroflex 5000w amp so I can wire down to 0.5ohm and looking at using a burp box. The systems in a 05 Odyssey. What are some tips and tricks I can do to get close to that 155 mark?? Or should I do 4 x 15's in a burp box on a 5K? Trying to stay in pro street 5k

IMG20200109121731.jpg

IMG20200126153633.jpg

• 3 months later...

SPL is all abut testing, playing with volume, tuning and orientation. You could get there with two 15s in a more spl oriented box or with four 15s even in a more musical daily box.

I'm also chasing that 155, currently with two 12s and I'm about to go for 15s to get some more cone area to help out as I'm struggling to keep them within xmech. 

Where did you place in the competition?

150 is allways an big barrier to break in theese smaller builds.

If the subwoofers have a qts of around 0.50 or higher then throw them in a 4th order enclosure and if they have a qts lower than 0.48 then throw them in a 6th order enclosure. That will help you gain a higher decibel level the most. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived