SQ Build for 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hardtop $3000 budget

gator1873

I have a $3000 budget, would like some input on equipment in that price range for a  2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hardtop. Its been many years since my last install in a vehicle, and I used to be interested in SPL, first time trying to sound up for SQ.

I am so out of touch with what brands are what at this point I feel lost, any input would be outstanding.

jeep 2017.jpg

Most brands have their price point with entry level all the way up to the best quality they have. Go to your local car audio install shop and listen to a couple brands  And see what sounds good to you of course it will sound different in the car but it's a start. Time to have to write down head unit amplifiers speakers if you want sub Get the basic of your system written down and then work your budget from their. Your source head unit will be important unless you gonna run the factory head unit and in  Use a processor to tune

thanks for the input, in years past I have gone into shops and things sound good, pay a ton of $$ and 20 days later its starts falling apart, had some really bad luck with jl audio back in the day. Any input as to what brands are putting out a quality product that will hold up? 

First thing I would do is get a head unit that will work with a Maestro so all the Jeep's bells and Whistles will operate with the head unit ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 10:37 AM, gator1873 said:

Good call, I wasn't even thinking about that. What are some of these go to SQ head units out there that are also Maestro compatible? 

If I'm not mistaken ... anything Kenwood Exelon ... I run the DNX995s / Maestro / Helix DSP in my Avalanche

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

looks like 6.5 woofers may fit under rear seats, anyone know a solid custom box builder?

Also, is SKAR Audio fairly good stuff? Prices seem really good at the moment, I just dont have any experience with the brand ... Are there alternatives that are the at the same price level as SKAR?

I look forward to everyone input

For the price Skar is the best budget Audio , I run them in my wife’s car and my beater , never let me down.  For amps the SP Line is great also wouldn’t go with the lower line .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

5 hours ago, gator1873 said:

looks like 6.5 woofers may fit under rear seats, anyone know a solid custom box builder?

Also, is SKAR Audio fairly good stuff? Prices seem really good at the moment, I just dont have any experience with the brand ... Are there alternatives that are the at the same price level as SKAR?

I look forward to everyone input

I can design you any enclosure you need. And I don’t think Skar makes 6.5” subwoofers except for the evl-6.5” and they are only rated at 200 rms. You need to find 6.5” subwoofers that can handle more rms. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived