Second Skin Audio

My First Box Build For My 2 18" Bl's.....*update* New Pics Added.......

With the help of "Accordman" who spec'ed out the box for me, I just finished the 45's in the corner, and gluing corners and what not. I initially had the box all to gether, and accordman informed me of a major flaw that I did........I dint glue the surface of the boards where other boards meet up. I dis-assembled the box completely, GLUED EVERYTHING, then made some 45's for the corners, and then glued up all the corners just for re-assurence. The box feels completely solid, and not to mention nearly 100pounds more then likely. The top 2x4 really added much needed structual strength to it, as I can lift a corner, and there is NO MORE SLOP!. On saturday, I will be doing a few layers of fiberglass, for added strength. This is my first ever box build, so please tell me what you think, but be NICE! The box is 48.5x30x22.5 for 16cuft @ ~34hz. I hope i'm doing this correctly...... **EDIT*** The glue looks like shit in the picture, but I did smooth it all out, and looks flawless (at least to me that is)

dscf1191cn6.jpg

dscf1192ax3.jpg

dscf1193zg1.jpg

These are the new pix of my nearly completed box build, how are they?

dscf1196kx8.jpg

The black marker looks like the line wasn't followed right, but both those circles are 100% "round" the angle is bad in the pic

dscf1198ec0.jpg

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Looks good.

Are the tanks there to hold the box to the floor? :P

The only thing I see is the sides of the port are longer then the top, but no biggie. You won't hear any different

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

datsallotobox!!! Only thing i see is the top of the port is not as long as the side but it looks good. allot better than my first one :blush:

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

better than my first build also, however i wouldnt use the propane for a brace :D

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Im just asking so dont get up set.....why are the sides of the port longer than the top?

other wise it looks like its goin to pound.

030407016-1.jpgduck.jpg

banner2.jpg

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent..