Why Plywood Does Not Work For Boxes

well according to that post, you were trying to say you cant use mdf for boxes. try rewording your posts from now on if thats not what you mean.

Im not retarded cause you dont understand.. Logan said using plywood is useless cause it sucks and thats why the box was flexing like it was...I showed a video of mdf doing the same thing the video he posted was.... So I dont see how you couldnt understand it.. Point being boxes will flex horribly no matter what type of wood was used if there isnt any bracing.

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

Yeah the AC190 can be tweaked to score whatever you like just about :S

Though even a Termlab can give a messed up score if you input the wrong mic parameter... (forgot the proper name for it???)

Plus you're playing Bass I Love You - I think the low note on that song is what, 12 or 18hz? It flexed my box too, and that had a 1.5" baffle, 3/4" sides and bracing. Subsonic filters are there for a reason, all that note does is unload your subs...

That said, yes, your box need bracing, especially between the floor and top baffle. Great finish though.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

let the dur dur durrrrrrrrs unite then!

yea considering you cant understand why he said that. just like home boy already said, logan said plywood is no good and bryan posted to show how mdf (in that video anyway) is no good. so if you cant understand that i think you are the window licker on the short bus.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

What we all should take from this thread is that bracing is key. no matter what material you use. /thread.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

i use 3/4'' 13ply baltic burch with 2'' brad nails and it dont flex and is still in one piece, i guess they didn't brace the box

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Im not retarded cause you dont understand.. Logan said using plywood is useless cause it sucks and thats why the box was flexing like it was...I showed a video of mdf doing the same thing the video he posted was.... So I dont see how you couldnt understand it.. Point being boxes will flex horribly no matter what type of wood was used if there isnt any bracing.

plywood does suck. BIRCH ply doesnt. im sure logan knows better since he does "write down" some facts and listens to us. he wouldnt be that stupid to say birch sucks. he knows better.

yea considering you cant understand why he said that. just like home boy already said, logan said plywood is no good and bryan posted to show how mdf (in that video anyway) is no good. so if you cant understand that i think you are the window licker on the short bus.

whats to understand? he made an idiotic post, just like what all these are now. if people would actually word things better, maybe we wouldnt be having this conversation. dur dur durrrrr (btw, nice come back)
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Ahh yes, the good old Audiocontrol meter, AKA the AC190 ;) Depending on its calibration it can be 10dB out :D

dont forget it can read higher AND it can read lower. just depends on the caliberation. so just cuz it's an audio control doesnt mean it's quieter. he could be hittin a 155 :P

and neonsector...the girl in your avy has the nicest ass :give_rose::air_kiss::clapping:

Archived