Sonic Electronix

Amp Is On But Subs Don't Move

same thing happended to my cadence amp, everyone in my thread said it was input problems. by chance does that have a hi-pass inputut on it to see if that will make sum sound?

otherwise everything you said was to a T.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

The outputs on your amp may have went bad

I'd first put an ohm meter on the subs to make sure they are still completing a circuit and the wires aren't burnt

Then I would try a digital multimeter on the amp output to make sure it's still making an output.

Ok, I took the subs out today, one tensil on each sub is broke in half, me and my dad our gonna sodder it later, would that fix the problem? I pushed on the dust cap and they both sound fine.

Im waxing/buffing my car right now though but Nightshade if ur reading this pm me on how to fix it

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

lol that would be it, broken wire means to circit = no output. solder them, careful you dont hurt urself. good luck xD, at least ur amp isnt broken and a wire is repairable

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Sometimes I hate being right, and this is one of those times. Pm sent Twigz. Like I told you there if you need anymore help I'll give you my phone number and I'll talk you through it.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I'll just take another stab in the dark at this one, but was it the negative wire on each sub that was broken?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Ok, I took the subs out today, one tensil on each sub is broke in half, me and my dad our gonna sodder it later, would that fix the problem? I pushed on the dust cap and they both sound fine.

You can re solder it if you want, but its just going to break again. Something is going on that is wrong if they are breaking. box size is wrong size and subs are unloading, or they are being clipped. Think thats really all that will cause breakage.

Your best bet will be to get tinsil wire and redo the whole wire from the terminal to the coil.

Rusty uses a plastic dustcap, so you can pry it off the cone and still re glue it back on after the repair.

You will have to solder the tinsil to the voice coil wire that will be hidden under the dust cap, and probolly glue.

You can re solder it if you want, but its just going to break again. Something is going on that is wrong if they are breaking. box size is wrong size and subs are unloading, or they are being clipped. Think thats really all that will cause breakage.

Your best bet will be to get tinsil wire and redo the whole wire from the terminal to the coil.

Rusty uses a plastic dustcap, so you can pry it off the cone and still re glue it back on after the repair.

You will have to solder the tinsil to the voice coil wire that will be hidden under the dust cap, and probolly glue.

well, nightshades pm confused the hell out of me, My dad said he could fix it, I have to wait a week or 2, if it comes down to it ill just buy new subs, I really don't care, All I was worried about mainly was my amp.

i'm gonna go pm rusty.

thanks guys for all the help and feed back.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Archived