Sonic Electronix

Btls Getting A Little Warm And Smelly

hey im having problems getting my sundowns to strap so im running 2 fully loaded btl 18's off one saz3000 at 2 ohms. each is only seeing around 900 watts and i can smell them. someone said because they are new you will smell them for a while. is this correct? also i know its hot outside here in nc but my magnets are getting warm to the point where you can still touch them but they are pretty warm. is this normal as well and expessially off only 900 watts a piece i figured they should stay just a little warm. i feel the heat blowing out the port though. any advice would be much appreciated. oh btw gains were set with a 50hz tone and a dmm. i even bumped it down 1 volt to be on the safe side.

2 18'' fi btls fully loaded

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

3 powermaster 3100d series batts

11.75 cuft wall after displacement tuned to 31.08 hz

mo powa maybe... cant move enough to cool itself

whats the problem with getting them strapped?

in that small of a box they are not going to want to move without more wattage

x2, subs are air cooled, with the induction of air through the magnet every time the sub moves in and out, if the subs not moving, it aint cooling.

What kind of problems are you encountering with strapping the amps?

If your runnning both subs off one amp at 2 ohms, Im guessing your subs are dual 2 ohm coils.

So if you cant get the sundowns to perform properly strapped why dont you run 1 amp per sub at 1 ohm, instead of running 2 subs to 1 amp at 2 ohms. This makes no sense to me when you have 2 amps. Lol

Did you follow the sundown tutorial how to strap the amps? Its a little different then normal class d's but its the same thing (only difference is how you connect the rca cord for strapping).

Please read this tutorial on *** for strapping your sundown amps. ***there is a main problem with some stinger and monster rca cords not being compaitable with the sundown amps*** That right their maybe your problem with strapping. Ive ran into the same thing before with other amps and would really like to know why this is.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7406

Yeah if those subs are stiff and just barely moving they aren't doing anything to cool themselves...Cease and desist until you can get more power to them...

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Hifonics Brutus Bxi2607D (FRIED...saving for ZX2500.1)

2 15" 07 L7's ported at 32hz

Xplod POS for the MIDS, which are Memphis

SMDMafiaFrozenbritches.jpg

wiring or pushing the amp to clip will cause (stink-a-dige-anious-ramafacation)effects on any sub. (its a werd promiss) :clapping: LOL

Thank yooou, thank you very much,

MLA

who cares if its a word or not Im still trying to figure out how to say it :lol:

oh yeah and its sig worthy! :D

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Depending where you are in NC I could give you a hand too. I'm in Greensboro so I don't know if that's close to you or not. I would do as Audiofanatics said and just run one sub per amp and forget about strapping the amps. You can match the amps by setting them to the same output voltage since o-scopes are super hard to come by. Let me know if you want any help and I will gladly lend you a hand if you are with in a reasonable distance.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived