Which Are Better For Spl?

jazza02

dont do the type x's

theyre hyped up cvr's, and thats not even a joke. Ive heard a dozen or so installs with those and none have impressed me, whether its ported or sealed, it really just sounds like CVR's in volume and quality, sure someone will bash for that, but im convinced.

type r's, everyone and their grandmother has them. Nothing amazing about them, but by far the best option you have there

l7's are basically just an l5 with a different shade of black cone. Unless youre going to throw the full rms at them all day every day go for l5's or basically anything else out there

L7s have a larger motor, larger coil, stiffer suspension, and more cone mass than an L5. the only similarity is the look and the shape.

L7s are pretty efficient. 2 10s are capable of over 150 in a street type setup.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I would go with the type r's since their are 15's and you would have a LOT more cone area then the 2 12's of either the type X's or the Kickers.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

The Type R's will get loud and put alot of woofers out there to shame. Ask ssaudio on the forum here about the 2 15" Type R that he built for a friend that was powered by a Sundown 3000D. If I do believe he was doing a 151.x in an Explorer in a daily setup. I've heard several R setups and the woofer does get down and dirty too. For the price you are getting a great woofer. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. L7's won't handle the power that they claim they will. At least the one I had that was powered by 800 watts rms didn't like that on a daily basis at high volumes. I ended up opening one of the coils so I pluged it into a 220 amp wall socket for my clothes dryer and watched the coil pop. I used a single 12" Type R in the same exact box with the same exact power and never had an issue with it.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

for sure cone area wins, 3 15's should pound. i love my four 15's. u planning a wall?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

for sure cone area wins, 3 15's should pound. i love my four 15's. u planning a wall?

I have decided to go with 2 12" DD 2512's with a DD M3 amp. I have also got DD 6.5" splits for the front doors and clarion splits for the rear doors.I don't know what amp i will get with the DD splits. But money will tell when i get to the end of the build. No i wont wall my car as it is a heap of crap. Its a 1990 camry sedan.

australia03junehl4.gifCURRENT SET UP

Factory HeadunitGladen dual splits

Audio helon 4ch amp

Audio Helon 9kwrms monoBlock

2 15" Custom built Pap subs rated at 3kwrms each

Be careful with the DD splits if they're DD 6.2C's that come in the cardboard tube thing.

The crossovers love to randomly burn and they generally don't like anything more than 100wrms.

They are the C6.5A splits. I wont run over 100rms with them anyway i will run the at 100rms or less.

Why do they love to burn if you put over 100rms to them?

Audio helon 4ch amp

I don't know why they die on over 100wrms (the woofers do too) - They just do... my local shop has seen way too many sets come back with issues. Rainbows around the SLX level seem to be a good substitute, cost about the same and take shitloads of power.

EDIT: It's very un-DD like. I run their subs and love them, the subs are bulletproof...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

• 1 month later...

Well i have finally decided to go with a DD 9515 and a DD M3 amp in a roughly 5cuft ported box tuned low. I will be adding a 65AH and 100AH battery to the car to keep the volts up. and a shit load of dynamat, Did i meantion this is all going into a 1990 toyota camry SEDAN.

Audio helon 4ch amp

Archived