Sundown Audio

Tips, Tricks, Whatever To Get To A 148.2 **update**

Sorry man,

I'm just the kind of guy that beleives if ya can't pull off the numbers in a daily driver ya ain't shit.

No disrespect to the thousand people I just pissed off. Its just my point of view.

Its all good. :D

It's all good man. We're all here for the same reason. I'm sure that no one is offended. Some people have different ideas about stuff. Gary's just trying to get a few tenth's to help him in comp situations only. If it were practical to do some of the things that make spl go up on the mic for daily driving I'm sure that we all would be doing it. :)

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

You must have missunderstood me, i was sugesting that to posibly obtain his desired SPL goal, he test a few "variables" as well call em in the db drag industry. And one of them is simply leaning the factor seat forward to a factory postition, not removing it or modifying it at all

Anyway to the OP, also try the head rest location, remove them, put them all the way up, try all the way down....also the rearview mirror...try agnle all the way down pointing at the floor.

No biggy man I'm used to the fart machines.

Bosses ride was a 162 to 164 DB with 2 15s and his buddy was dooing 173+ on average with 6 15s.

I just hate to see all that money put into something you can barly drive and is not capalbe of playing music.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Well ISO your opinion's noted but it's not helpful at all in this thread. Coming in here ranting is doing nothing but starting trouble. The point in this thread is to make the competition score louder. That's what we do. Competition is what it's about for us & you don't have to like it.

Now for the record this car will do 147s all day long without any tricks at all. His max BassRace score is also listed in his sig and that's a true representation of what it can do all day long on music. Nobody's trying to BS about their #s here.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

You could try some serious round overs on the baffle of the enclosure. Particularly the front edge. Hit that bitch with a 'flap disc' on your grinder to get a serious curve. Cover the whole enclosure with duct tape. Another layer on the baffle so the woofers sit flush may also gain you. Have you removed the rear speakers or deadened the trunk lid yet?

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Gary needs more cowbell :excl:

Lol. That was hilarious.

But ISO, you arent really helping any. Like we are talking music to tones here. There is a big difference in sound. Most people dont cruise around listening to tones on a daily basis, they listen to music, not tone music, but real music. These little tricks wont really do shit for a music application. However on a 3 second note, these small little changes can and do help.

It just seems like you dont want to the rules to apply, you want it your way or the highway. Like, NO I WONT COMPETE UNLESS I HAVE MUSIC.

Whatever floats your boat man.

I do owe everyone a BIG APOLOGY.

I'm Sorry for screwing up your thread.

I apologize to you.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

K apology accepted and were back on topic. I would try and see if maybe sealing the back of the trunk off from the ports would help, umm... try a phase switch??

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

SCREAM REALLY REALLY LOUD

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>