That's only 12v.

You need like 13.x or 14.x to fully charge a battery.

And?..... 12 volts is enough to get your car started, I never stated it was going to be a great and fast charge, but your car will start the next morning....

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Okay it's really easy to charge a car battery at home with only simple things you find laying around.

First you will need

-A box of lemons, six or more

-6 copper plates

-6 carbon rods

-Assorted alligator clips + cable

Stick a carbon rod and a copper plate in each lemon respectively. The copper will be your (+) and the carbon will be your (-). Now using the alligator clips and cables series the box of lemons together to achieve a higher voltage. You can parallel banks of them together if you want more current to perhaps jump start your vehicle. But if you're just after a charge seriesing them to achieve a high voltage and low current should be adequate. Keep this in the trunk of your car and it can be an emergency jump start pack in case you break down.

Hope this helps

Edited by Charger

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

And?..... 12 volts is enough to get your car started, I never stated it was going to be a great and fast charge, but your car will start the next morning....

Umm...

GL with that....

Most ATX PSU's provide 30-40a MAX... Unless you've got a massive gaming computer..

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Okay it's really easy to charge a car battery at home with only simple things you find laying around.

First you will need

-A box of lemons, six or more

-6 copper plates

-6 carbon rods

-Assorted alligator clips + cable

Stick a carbon rod and a copper plate in each lemon respectively. The copper will be your (+) and the carbon will be your (-). Now using the alligator clips and cables series the box of lemons together to achieve a higher voltage. You can parallel banks of them together if you want more current to perhaps jump start your vehicle. But if you're just after a charge seriesing them to achieve a high voltage and low current should be adequate. Keep this in the trunk of your car and it can be an emergency jump start pack in case you break down.

Hope this helps

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

X2

MacGyver style!

actually no...he forgot the paperclip and the piece of string :D

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Get an old bike wheel and an alternator. Rig the wheel like a wind mill. Fix the alt so the pully lines up with the wheel. Make a "fan belt" and connect the wheel to tha alt. Place in windy spot and make sure it spins. If it does you just simulated the conditions under you hood. Stop it from spinning for a second, connect your battery "+ to +, - to -". And let it go for a while. I have done this to power a radio for shits and giggles. If the Alt isn't internally regulated then of course you will need the correct regulator. No shit this will charge your battery without much effort.

Get an old bike wheel and an alternator. Rig the wheel like a wind mill. Fix the alt so the pully lines up with the wheel. Make a "fan belt" and connect the wheel to tha alt. Place in windy spot and make sure it spins. If it does you just simulated the conditions under you hood. Stop it from spinning for a second, connect your battery "+ to +, - to -". And let it go for a while. I have done this to power a radio for shits and giggles. If the Alt isn't internally regulated then of course you will need the correct regulator. No shit this will charge your battery without much effort.

So your telling me your 20 inch windmil will turn out at least 10hp that is required per alternator to charger a battery?you must have one hell of a wind lol

So your telling me your 20 inch windmil will turn out at least 10hp that is required per alternator to charger a battery?you must have one hell of a wind lol

I used a ten speed rim. The ratio is pretty sick and it spun damn fast. I didn't put the dmm on it but it worked untill I gave the alt awa a few weeks later. I didn't McGuyver this on my own, I saw an old man using the same basic idea to power an 8 track in his shed. It works man.

Umm...

GL with that....

Most ATX PSU's provide 30-40a MAX

... Unless you've got a massive gaming computer..

Whats your deal??? The guy asked for a ghetto way to charge a battery.. I gave him an idea that WOULD work in theory.

And why wouldn't 30 amps be enough to charge a battery? I have a 3 amp trickle charger, so whats wrong with 30 amps? So since my trickle charger charges my batteries a 3 amps... 30 amps wouldn't be enough? If a power supply can power a car amplifier, i'm sure it could slowly charge a battery enough to start a car.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.