Need Advise On A Laptop

Same minus the mywasteofspace ;)

lol i really only use it for family and real friends that i actually know.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

lol i really only use it for family and real friends that i actually know.

lies, ive seen your myspace..u got tons of pictures on there doin the sideways face and peace sign..pfft

haha, jp

pick one yet bill?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

fuckin spammers.

doesnt matter about amd and intel. just get the fastest speed

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

ugh stay away form crapbooks

i disagree, macbooks are solid laptops.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Yeah im in the same boat as him. (kingsuv and 99vic) i dont do any gaming just the other stuff.the computer im on now just constantly pisses me off,i dont know its specs or anything but i cant multitask worthashit.Like if i have one window open it does ok but if i have 2 or 3 or it slows like waaayy down,i want one were i can have 20 windows open at once and keep on clicking and it not slow down.so would the one kingsuv be able to handle this,being on a fast isp that is?

thanks

Looking to seal the deal this week. I want to see if there is any sweet deals for Friday. However if not then I will still be snagging one up.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i disagree, macbooks are solid laptops.

You couldn't give me another apple computer. I'm old enough to remember the 1st go around with them.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

So would I really see a difference in the 2.0Ghz to the 2.6 or the 2.8?

So would I really see a difference in the 2.0Ghz to the 2.6 or the 2.8?

it would be night and day for sure. id get the 2.8

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

I would recommend paying a bit more attention to build quality rather than specs when looking at a laptop. It's easy to find a laptop under a grand with good specs, the reason is because most manufactures will make compromises in build quality to allow the price to be so low. The HP you linked to is a perfect example - a computer with fine specs and will likely perform well, but they are notorious for being very cheaply made. If you were to actually take one apart, the motherboard is completely exposed, the only thing protecting it is cheap ABS plastic which the outer casing is made out of.

To be honest, since you'll mainly be using it to browse the web and download/watch videos, you don't need something very beefy at all and you should be more worried about build quality and battery life, not having 4GB of RAM and a fast processor. If you want specific recommendations look at the R series by Lenovo (the T series is very good as well, but more expensive). Also, Dell with the exception of a few models usually have decent build quality and you may be able to pick one up for cheap. My girlfriend got a XPS M1330 for $650. I'd just recommend staying away from the older Inspiron laptops.

You need to decide which features are important for you though. What size screen do you want? Do you want it to be lighweight and portable? How long do you want it to last? How many hours of battery life do you need? Will you be carrying it around? What screen resolution would you prefer? Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a non-glossy screen? Answer those questions and it'll be easier to give you a recommendation.

doesnt matter about amd and intel. just get the fastest speed

AMD and Intel CPU's are rated much differently. You cannot simply compare one to the other at the same clock speed. As for the whole AMD vs Intel issue, Intel has always had the upper hand in the mobile market, despite being very competitive in the desktop market in the past.