Check out the SMD Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

kingsuv

How To Recone A Sub

:clapping: Beautiful tutorial... Boy i've been doing it the hard way.lol

great tutorial now for a vid tutorial for us lazy folks

i think i got the hand of it just by the great pictures though

Hey Bill last time I did a recone I used my right angle die grinder(can use a drill) and a medium Scotch Bright pad(Maroon pad) to clean my baskets up and it worked great.

I just wanted to add this to your post because I didn't feel I could harm the metal of the basket no matter how hard I used the Scotch Bright pad or if I made a mistake with it, I didn't have to worry about cutting into the metal by accident screwing up the basket.

M3 Scotch Bright Pads

Edited by ISO
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

what kind of work time do you have once that spinder or cone is placed in the glue with the activator on it? I would be worried it would kick before i get them really embeded in the glue.

Do all the spiders come bonded on the edge so they glue as one, or do you have to make sure you get glue on each spider?

Ever blown the dust cap off or anything using that glue?

Did you clip the slider and cone all the way around?

Edited by BAGGEDBIRDS.com

Haha i have a stupid question is it possible if i get a 12" ssd sub then later recone it and make it a bl or btl 12". Can you even recone the 12"s? also where do you get the kits and such. Newbie haha

Haha i have a stupid question is it possible if i get a 12" ssd sub then later recone it and make it a bl or btl 12". Can you even recone the 12"s? also where do you get the kits and such. Newbie haha

You can recone them, you get the kits by contacting Fi, but you CANNOT recone it to a BL or BTL because they don't just have different cone, they have a different motor and basket and stuff too.