Sonic Electronix

"hz" Setting On Amp, What Do You Like, Or Is This Ok?

I have a MD3D amp, and I've always left the Hz setting to around 80Hz (setting goes from 40Hz-240Hz) as I thought 80Hz was about right. Lately either im getting used to what I have, but it just didnt "FEEL RIGHT" as far as bass is concerned. I moved the Hz setting to around 100Hz, and that really made a nice difference. Is it OK to have this @ 100Hz, and or what do you recommend? Thanks

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

its ok but imo thats midbass ``freq. my subs never play 100hz EVER. its time for you to upgraade front stage if its lacking

What frequency/slope do you use on your sub lowpass? Using an 18dB slope at 80hz LPF (what the majority of people use) considering cone area and power difference it's likely the subs are still the dominant source of sound at 100hz.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

What frequency/slope do you use on your sub lowpass? Using an 18dB slope at 80hz LPF (what the majority of people use) considering cone area and power difference it's likely the subs are still the dominant source of sound at 100hz.

I dont understand what your asking? There are very few options on the MD3D amp's....

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

mine is at like 90ish

100 is high for 18's, 80 or 85 seems safer, and while it may sound better, youre going to be putting hundreds of watts through them with fairly little movement, and those subs are designed to cool themselves off pounding away at 40hz, not fluttering at 100.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I agree with James. That's why I have to have mid-bass drivers in my upcoming system. 100hz or higher is too high for subs to sound great.... and 70hz is too low without mid-bass to fill in the gap.

In fact, if my mid-bass drivers perform as well as I'm hoping, I might even cross my subs over at 60 hz down. Then grab 60 to 300 hz or so with the mid-bass drivers, and 300hz and up with my mid/ high components.

Peace,

Fish

I agree with James. That's why I have to have mid-bass drivers in my upcoming system. 100hz or higher is too high for subs to sound great.... and 70hz is too low without mid-bass to fill in the gap.

In fact, if my mid-bass drivers perform as well as I'm hoping, I might even cross my subs over at 60 hz down. Then grab 60 to 300 hz or so with the mid-bass drivers, and 300hz and up with my mid/ high components.

Peace,

Fish

thats sounds like a good plan man. i have never ran a mid bass driver myself. but, after hacing this 15 for a few month i see the importance and over all sq i am lacking. so i will deff. be adding som very soon.

----reference's----

meade916

thats sounds like a good plan man. i have never ran a mid bass driver myself. but, after hacing this 15 for a few month i see the importance and over all sq i am lacking. so i will deff. be adding som very soon.

Let me guess Harley some pro comp audio mids? From what I hear from Jake those things scream and sound fn good in the process.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Let me guess Harley some pro comp audio mids? From what I hear from Jake those things scream and sound fn good in the process.

no i run O2 audio right now. i wont switch those out until jake can get some 5.25's for replacement. i am gonna see if i can get kory's kicker midbass or just buy a set of cadence ultra drives to match my tweet's.

----reference's----

meade916