mikethebassman Posted January 7, 2009 Report Posted January 7, 2009 Just about any car audio shop will put down your system if you dont have their products. all they want is for you to buy their stuff so they can keep getting a pay check every month DC Sound Lab & Rockford Fosgate FTMFW you could turn it into quarters and put it in a pool. no one suspects a person of doin drugs with a pool full of quarters Between his box and gangsta lean, You gotta be a legless midget to sit back there
trainman0978 Posted January 7, 2009 Report Posted January 7, 2009 Any shop that says my equipment is shit will lose my business. It is one thing to compare what they sell to what I have spec wise, showing and selling me product knowledge....but to come out and say " that amp you have is a piece of shit" to my face... bye bye and fuck off... I will go somewhere else. 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue my upgrades and "build" thread. My Kulicki Box Build -Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars -Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash ) -JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi - Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box. -Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio -All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0, -270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum- -2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz. Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties
Shyne151 Posted January 7, 2009 Report Posted January 7, 2009 alot of shops here are the same way man. that sis why i was 10 years old when i first got into car audio. i did my brothers car when i was 10 and i have done all of my installs and most of my friends. What kind of retard would let a 10year old wire up there car? -Installer for Duke's Car Stereo 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune. RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4 Boston Acoustics SPG 555 Kenwood eXcelon 995 RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000
Shyne151 Posted January 7, 2009 Report Posted January 7, 2009 Just about any car audio shop will put down your system if you dont have their products. all they want is for you to buy their stuff so they can keep getting a pay check every month DING DING DING!!!!! Damn people times are hard, people are trying to make money. I don't understand why all you kids come into car audio shops trying to show up the people that work there, they are just trying to make a living. We've had a few "internet noobs" as we put it come in to our shop since I've worked there, if they get lippy the sales guys usually just start being ass holes... and i'm sure that's what most of you are experiencing. Or they come get me from the garage, king dick head as the call me. hehe If I have saw good work come out of a shop, I have RESPECT for them. Who the fuck cares if they don't know who FI, DC, or Sundown is. Some people don't sit on the internet and research brands all day. Grow up people. -Installer for Duke's Car Stereo 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune. RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4 Boston Acoustics SPG 555 Kenwood eXcelon 995 RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000
Boon Posted January 7, 2009 Report Posted January 7, 2009 they criticise my knowledge by telling me i had no part in building my system. this shop does know there stuff......audio/video, alarms ect. but, when you try to tell me alittle bit about spl and how XXX are the best thing on this planet ( which i never see at shows) and they run from my 149 db bassracer, i dont wanna hear shit. i go there to get a few things and i get hated on cause im not running RE and i didnt spend hundreds of dollars at there shop for my install. I love the tremendous irony of them badmouthing Fi then pushing RE, considering Scott is basically the brains behind both company's subs... I've got a little bit of it here with shops... you go in and ask for 4 250A fuses and they're like what the hell for, you'll never even pop one. You try to explain that you're pulling 1000A on a burp and they just act like you're some idiot with an eBay '4000w' amp... until they see/hear it. I've never had anyone put down my gear after hearing it, even with a Boschmann dustcap glued to my 9515, hahaha. 10.x volts fo' life!
sri3850341 Posted January 7, 2009 Report Posted January 7, 2009 I wouldn't expect most shops to know what a big 3 is or smd.com It's not practical for shops to do big spl installs, nor is it right for you to criticise thier knowledge. Those guys do what they do for a reason. The systems they sell and the installs they do make them money. There is no money in large spl systems because the customers always expect work to be done at a lower cost than it is acutally needed for the shop to turn a profit. Just because you can build a spl system doesn't mean that you can do a remote start/alarm in a 2009 Cadilac Escalade. Guess what most custom shops can and it's alot harder than screwing some wood together and running a few wires. I've been on both sides of the fence and I think that remote starts, alarms, mobile video, and custom fabrication are way more difficult and profitable than spl installs. Customers don't want ground shaking loud most of the time, they want nice looking good sound. It's not the shops fault they didn't know that stuff and I'm sure that they do know a thing or two about car audio. no reason to rape our ass.....and be smug about it 07 mote carlo.. deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs) bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab
kingsuv Posted January 7, 2009 Report Posted January 7, 2009 this is the only box i didnt build myself. I PURCHASE IT USED BY REDBARON80, NOT DAVID! We know that. It's still David's handiwork on that loud box you have . Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
datbenz Posted January 7, 2009 Report Posted January 7, 2009 I'd fire a fuckface bashing customers install/equipment. It's not good for the business
loganberry Posted January 7, 2009 Report Posted January 7, 2009 the only ones that are close are 40 mins away and all of which didnt know how to run multiple subs to 1 single amp, tisk tisk My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
Nightshade Posted January 7, 2009 Report Posted January 7, 2009 no reason to rape our ass.....and be smug about it If you think that's me trying to rape you and be smug then you've never actually had a misunderstanding with me then. I was polite to the best of my knowledge, and I have been on both sides of the fence. I've been the installer in the shop as well as the smart ass know it all customer. Trust me I'd rather be the smart ass know it all customer, but it's unecessary for the shop to talk down to the customer. I wouldn't ever do that nor have I ever. I enjoy spl more than remote starts. That's part of why I'm no longer working in a shop along with the decline in the car audio economy. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.