why doesnt somebody else test it?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Ugh. Hearing protection won't stop the brown note. It's not because you hear it and go hmm, I want to take a crap. It's because it resonates your bowels. Gonna dynamat your ass? No? Then you can't stop the brown note, if it does indeed exist.

exactly, its like driving by someones house with your ears pluges playing 160hz doesnt shake the house because thier ears are plugged

furthermore after that clip i question anything that show test at all

Edited by James

talk to assman :hi: I believe he was able to play below 10hz pretty damn loud :hairtrick:

:sorry:

What I'm saying is that more or less almost no subwoofer can properly produce the ultra low frequency. Sure, you can make a sub 'move' at 5Hz or whatever. Hell when I was younger and far more bored I made a tone disc with 1Hz 2Hz tones etc. 1Hz to 5Hz sweeps over 1 minute all kinds of fun stuff. I played it with bunky ass home speakers and sure they moved lots, didn't mean they were producing sound, let alone at an even respectable level.

Don't underestimate how low 5Hz is. Dropping from 30Hz to 20Hz is a massive difference, From 20 to 10 is just a ridiculous change and below that you're just asking for trouble. The further down you go on frequency the more dramatic each drop goes. I'd hazard a guess at saying most people's would fail trying to produce 20Hz even.

If you're familiar with t/s specs of drivers, you'd understand that fs comes into play, most woofers have an fs between 25 and 25Hz, that's a low playing driver. Some TC Sounds woofers have an fs of low 20s or some in the high teens and they're considered lowest of the low. Trying to produce loud sound below a driver's fs is just asking for trouble plus you need an enclosure design to even allow such a low frequency, not saying it can't be done but it's not as simple as it seems.

Those open-air experiments on Mythbusters etc. make me laugh, how can you build massive sound pressure over a large open area??? :rolleyes::acute:

Edited by Charger

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Do wet spots count on women?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

They should test this myth with the matterhorn, which is the loudest driver in the world ;-)

they use it in movies and shows to replicate booming sounds and explosions and shit like that...

On another note, i believe at one time when cars were being made, the frequency that the shocks were making were messing with the insides of people. thus the brown note is very possible, however i dunno if you actually shit yourself by it going crazy...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Even the Matterhorn probably won't play that low loudly. It's due to thing like Charger explained with the Fs of the woofers.

You really need basically a giant servo-driven trumpet with a high powered air compressor running into it.

Some military guys were doing 160's at like 11hz with one of these as an experiment with sound as a weapon. They could flex the wall of a house about 1ft but had to have the trumpet thing sitting right beside it. I wish I could find the website with the details again...

EDIT: I believe they had 1 or 2 V8 engines powering the compressor and could do something like 200psi at some crazy flow figure.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The brown note is very real.....don't doubt it. Personal experience, we were just investigating induced harmonics, in which you are using two different frequencies to create a harmonic of a lower frequency. I can't remember exactly what we were using, but it had the overtone of about 7 1/2 hertz. I had the runs at that point in time and....well, that was an interesting experience at the least.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

LoL Micky

I have always believed it too. I built a bandpass box for 2- 15"s using ultra light MDF, and didnt brace it right, the sealed side, I didn't seal off, and I was testing the box in the living room, and I had noticed the box made an awesome back massager, the wood flexed a good 1" at least- this box was like 50" wide, so there was flex!

So, while laying there in the living room, playing music, there was a few tones on a song that made me fart, I swear it did

Every time there was a brow note post, I did tell the same story, I believe it, but I believe it has more to do with direct pressure on your gut.

And also, it got one of my stepdaughters to fart too, it allowed food to go thru my gut faster, like vibrate it thru the intestines

Dont believe me?

Try it

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The brown note is very real.....don't doubt it. Personal experience, we were just investigating induced harmonics, in which you are using two different frequencies to create a harmonic of a lower frequency. I can't remember exactly what we were using, but it had the overtone of about 7 1/2 hertz. I had the runs at that point in time and....well, that was an interesting experience at the least.

Cheers,

Mick

Ahh yeah the harmonics trick, forgot about that. Indeed a way to 'create' very low frequencies.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!