2 15" Btls Or Bl

Guest DC Power Kyle

cause i know the BLs would move more than th BTLs but i have no idea if that would help me or hurt me....

How much it moves does not matter, other than mechanically destroying them. And box design is as big factor in how much the move as much or more than other variables.

BTL will be louder even with just 1500 watts and will handle more power when you decide to upgrade. Go with BTL's if you have the cash to spend.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

go 2 BL's fully loaded

you'll need the extra cooling but those amps will be perfect.

I have the t1k and it gets loud.

if you gave the same power to 2 BTL's it would just "tickle" them.

your one 18 BTL idea sounds good but if you get 2 18" BL's you will have more cone area :hairtrick:

:lol: id get the BTL's jus for the hell of it u no ur gonna upgrade later on so y not have the extra headroom for a bigger amp in the future

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

How much it moves does not matter, other than mechanically destroying them. And box design is as big factor in how much the move as much or more than other variables.

BTL will be louder even with just 1500 watts and will handle more power when you decide to upgrade. Go with BTL's if you have the cash to spend.

I think he meant cone area and how much air it will move.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

• 2 weeks later...
Damn....no love for the BL crowd! I guess I'm the only one who enjoys his BL's.

I luvz mine :wub:

But i deff wouldnt complain about having a BTL lol

And good luck with those BTL's man i heard one for the first time not to long ago... good lord what a beast that thing was

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

We did a direct drop-in test between a Q 18", Bl 18", and Btl 18" (all d2 coils). Powered by a single Sundown saz-1500d the Bl was loudest on the TL by like 0.5db over the Btl and 2db over the Q. Next we strapped a pair of saz-1500s to each sub and this time the Btl was 1db louder than the Bl while both left the Q in the dust. Take it for what you want but in our testing on low power the BL was louder and, IMO, sounded better. If you plan on upgrading to more power later on then definately get the Btl.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

We did a direct drop-in test between a Q 18", Bl 18", and Btl 18" (all d2 coils). Powered by a single Sundown saz-1500d the Bl was loudest on the TL by like 0.5db over the Btl and 2db over the Q. Next we strapped a pair of saz-1500s to each sub and this time the Btl was 1db louder than the Bl while both left the Q in the dust. Take it for what you want but in our testing on low power the BL was louder and, IMO, sounded better. If you plan on upgrading to more power later on then definately get the Btl.

what were the box specs & tune for this derrick?

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png