Frankenwagon build (Carputer,HID,more to come)

looks good but why did you recone it to a 10 and not back to an 18

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

looks good but why did you recone it to a 10 and not back to an 18

I was going to but the basket was damaged in shipping on the blown 18. Like a hole section from mounting hole to hole was just gone, so it gave me the option of re-coning to a different size, so I chose going to a ten.

All I have had the past year was 18's and larger speakers, 2 different 18 walls, single 18, 15's...and next week we start on the 4 15" wall in a geo metro on a cadence ZRS-C6.

I just wanted to try something different for the time being, until money becomes available to purchase the rest of the equipment. I'll most likely go back to 18's, the 10 picks up low notes like I've never heard before, but it's the steering wheel coming loose effect I really like ;)

I removed the A/C compressor and smog pump when I replaced the water pump, and just left them off. So charging system will most likely be ordered first.

Well, my first DC product...and I LOVE it. This is one bad ass ten, it's just laughing at the sundown 1200D. *Eventually* the setup will b 4 (maybe 6) on a Diablo 8.1 and an 18V system. Anyone want vids? =]

Yes, vids!

And BTW, you may want to check with them first....I don't think DAT amps are designed to run on 18v.

damn J, didnt even realize ya had this build goin. looks good so far, dats alot of room in that beast. whats going in it? the DCs or the RD15s? sorry if i missed somthing ha im old :D

Yes, vids!

And BTW, you may want to check with them first....I don't think DAT amps are designed to run on 18v.

Inferno 8.1 has been tested in the 17's, I would think thats after voltage drop. Although this was a while back in the first thread posted about the amp. I haven't looked into it yet.

some quick test results, no pics or nothing right now. 11,430 watts @ 17.4 volts @ 1 ohm there is more in it. will post more later maybe with some pics.

damn J, didnt even realize ya had this build goin. looks good so far, dats alot of room in that beast. whats going in it? the DCs or the RD15s? sorry if i missed somthing ha im old :D

DC's will be going in the wagon. UNLESS I buy the 4 RD 15's from my boss at the shop, which I doubt that will happen, bank loan to pay off for my bike.

Most likely the RD's are going in sealed wall in the bosses red metro.

We built a wall in a black geo metro hatch 2 weeks ago with 2 DD 9917's but my boss sold the car with the equipment in it =/

• 2 months later...

Poor little ten.

Sundown SAE1200D was doing about 1440 at ~1ohm. BUT this is tuned low, and played really low. Box was right at 1.5 cubes after all displacement at like 36hz tuning. Didn't play anything above 45hz the hole time it was in. Ripped surround and broke tinsel lead.

Lots of things going on with the wagon right now. Amps are going behind the second seat, fiberglass C pillars, 1200D is needs repair, reconeing to a LVL4 XL 18 dual 1.4.

I got a speeding ticket about a week ago though, but ill be trying to order as I go, the 1200D repair and recone are kinda Christmas presents so I can start ordering more as money is available.

Decided on 3 LVL4 XL 18's. Ordering these first.

Haven't decided on amp(s)

Knu wires

Batts will be decided after amp (16v or 12v) Either shuriken or power master 16v

Alts will be Mechman.

CIMG0727.jpg

CIMG0728.jpg

CIMG0729.jpg

Dang, dude! You in the dumps with all your broken stuff? I hope you get it worked out!

eh it's ok. Amp has a bad power supply or outputs. Sending to DB-r next week probably.

Things have just been goin down hill for a while...

Broken foot

Bursitis in left shoulder

Speeding ticket day before car show

Sub finally goes

Amp goes

Station wagon leaking water from some where

Boss is trying to get me to quit (keeps hassling me and cutting my hours over shoulder problem)

Thats all over the course of the past 2 months or so. Good thing the year is almost over...hopefully a fresh start..haha.

Workin on getting the wagon decent looking. Tired of rust and pins from woodgrain (car was a woody) and primer squares from rust I've already fixed.

Sooooo I decided, murder it out. Flat black on black everything I can get to. Except chrome trim pieces around the window and such. They are still in good shape.

Rear lights smoked out and flated out on the trim. I'll pics of the wagon up tomorrow when it's daylight...

Also my speeding ticket is delayed till the 27th of January, then I find out if I get a payment plan or not, so amp repair and sub reconing will be sooner then expected.

Please excuse the camera phone pic

121909_213100.jpg

I said fuck it and blacked em' out gooooood....might have to invest in some LED lights for the back...

Archived