Car Audio + Wholsale + Internet = Bad

Agreed. Some shops are REDICULOUS with the whole upselling, and bait and switch, and telling someone somethings 400 dollars but ill sell it to you for 300 bucks, when its really like 250. i hate that! or 300 dollars for a deck thats worth 175, but its "free" shipping i could go all day long with shop tactics. i am not like those other guys. I am a custom shop, car audio just another part of my business. The point of this thread is awareness. And it needs to just keep on being promoted. If your comfortable with your risky internet buys thats all you, just know your supporting something worse than you can ever know. This is worse than downloading music. Its going to hurt us in the long run.

hey freeland dont you love it when you tell a customer the retail price they look at you crazy and tell you i can get it here or e bay or www. for this price and think your trying to rip him/her off and that customer is gone cause some asshole is backdooring there product for 5 bucks over dealer price how they stay afloat i have no idea

this is HUGE problem and why audio connections stays with equpiment with no online dealers also check your area for stuff other dealers dont carry so they cant under cut you acendant audio exile are a couple of brands that do this for the dealers we got 2 stetsom 7k2d's that cant be sold with out losing money cause they are now selling it online cheaper than the dealer price paid sh!t sux and is HUGE problem

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

"us" as in the shop owners.....how? isnt this called free enterprise? i am not tryin to get in a pissn match with anyone, but if someone takes a chance on ebay and gets screwed thats on them. if i choose to buy from a shop that cant match the ebay price but offers a warranty then its on us......right?

While I have to say I feel for you guys making a buisness out of car audio, I still have to take my stand that if you want to succeed in life someone must fail. It's just natural. Not saying it's not fucked up, but really what do you do? Times are changing, be the guy stepping on everyone else to get to the top, or be the step, it's as simple as that.

Not to mention it's also about the buyer's taking their shopping opportunity into their own hands. You know what you want, you go find what you need, you get it.

Where as a local store will have only a small selection of what you can get, making it harder for people who want an item that's specific to their idea of what they need.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

ive never ordered from ebay and to be honest the only thing i want and would order from them is some diamond mesh for for a grill i wanna make.

There is an easy fix for this. Manufacturers need to tighten up on letting this type of stuff happen. It's the manufacturers who need to support their dealers instead of whoring out product to these Ebay sellers. It's a little sad that a lot of these huge brand name companies have got to the point that they could care less about their dealers. As long as they make their money then it doesn't matter who is selling the product. If the manufacturers of the brands you're are carrying in your shop are cutting your throat by whoring out product elsewhere then you should think about changing up what brands you carry in your shop.

Sundown Audio takes this type of stuff seriously. Jacob does everything he can to help promote his dealers. He's very strict on pricing with the few authorized online dealers and us reps. As a rep I'm not allowed to compete with any dealer at all. Dealers have the most play in pricing. What that means is that for the best price on Sundown Audio product you should pay a visit to your local dealer.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

its a buyers market. if buy from an ebay shop and blow shit up, you should not be surprised that there might not be a warranty. maybe thats why you got such a "GREAT" deal......

Exactly, you get what you pay for. Its bad for business if you get undercut by a competitor... but they are exactly that... competitors. Im 100% sure that no one on this site would go and buy for example a RF T1k off for $799.99+ tax from Rockford Fosegate dealer when they can hop on ebay and snag one for say $300.. Heck at that price u could buy 2 off ebay and still be cheaper than buying from the dealer. Warranty or no warranty. Thats my 2 cents.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

its a buyers market. if buy from an ebay shop and blow shit up, you should not be surprised that there might not be a warranty. maybe thats why you got such a "GREAT" deal......

I call :bsflag: I got my subs and amp from a ebay store. And when my amp died he sent me a new one and the newer model at that with no problem.

I paid 385.00 shipped for my RE SE subs and my XT2000D. and I got a warranty.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Archived