Car Audio + Wholsale + Internet = Bad

I call :bsflag: I got my subs and amp from a ebay store. And when my amp died he sent me a new one and the newer model at that with no problem.

I paid 385.00 shipped for my RE SE subs and my XT2000D. and I got a warranty.

that was my point ,not all ebay is bad. I too got most of my stuff from a ebay vendor and i had a problem with my subs. i sent them back got new ones in return on top of 50.00 off each for the problem. dont think the local shop would do this....

There is an easy fix for this. Manufacturers need to tighten up on letting this type of stuff happen. It's the manufacturers who need to support their dealers instead of whoring out product to these Ebay sellers. It's a little sad that a lot of these huge brand name companies have got to the point that they could care less about their dealers. As long as they make their money then it doesn't matter who is selling the product. If the manufacturers of the brands you're are carrying in your shop are cutting your throat by whoring out product elsewhere then you should think about changing up what brands you carry in your shop.

Sundown Audio takes this type of stuff seriously. Jacob does everything he can to help promote his dealers. He's very strict on pricing with the few authorized online dealers and us reps. As a rep I'm not allowed to compete with any dealer at all. Dealers have the most play in pricing. What that means is that for the best price on Sundown Audio product you should pay a visit to your local dealer.

your right its up to the mfg to support there Dealers.

That's why we wont allow anyone to sell our products online.

we are selling ourselves online and and working towards being Dealer based, we will have a online store on our site for our products only.

our online pricing will match what our dealers sell for so we don't under cut them, and still allow us to sell to a customer online that doesn't have an authorized dealer in his area.

support your dealers, support you local shop, they have built this industry to what it is, tear it down and who will hold the shows, who will help out the guy that wants a nice system but doesn't want to do it himself or even know how too.

Look at apple all there prices are completely set. no matter where you go they are within +/- 5 bucks and everyone sells them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

I can't blame a consumer for wanting or going after the best deal and if Ebay is where it's at then so be it. But I can blame the manufacturer for allowing their products to be sold for ridiculously cheap prices from unauthorized Ebay sellers. Why in the hell would they allow someone to sell products online for half or less than what they allow their authorized dealers to sell for. They're putting their own dealers out of business cause the dealer absolutely can not touch those prices. They're not even allowed to sell product that cheap. Most dealers would gladly cut you a better deal if they could but some of these Ebay prices are at or below dealer cost.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

i do a little of buying from both dealers and ebay. RE stuff for example (subs) i dont really care for a warranty, i'll recone them myself. amps wise ebay really never has anything id wanan run unless its used in that case its pretty much the same kinda chance on that as it would be me buying it from one of you fellow board members.

as already said its a manufactors fault imo

but to blame the consumer for trying to make thier dollar sretch is kinda one of those things where it doesnt make alot of sense. I for one will always go for the best deal because for the most part i dont care about a warranty.

I have friends that own shops i refer peopel to them constantly as they need all the support that comes along with it much of the time. I myself know what i want and dont want to be told that "x" product is a better fit for me.

in my town there are maybe 3 shops out of about 40 that you can go in without being perverbally fucked for your money. this imo is another one of the main reasons people stay away from shops because they are always feeling that the brick and mortar stores are out to take thier hard earned money.

support your dealers, support you local shop, they have built this industry to what it is, tear it down and who will hold the shows, who will help out the guy that wants a nice system but doesn't want to do it himself or even know how too.

How can I really support a dealer when they try and rape me for every last freaking penny. Why do you think I learned to do my own installs. Home of the $1 install is crap, but yet they are right. Their install isn't worth much more than that. They over charge for connectors, I get a pkg of 100 blue butt connectors for 5 bucks they charge about $0.50each to a $5.00 misc. charge. Radio brackets and harnesses are $25.00 and up I pay at most $15 for the bracket and $10 for the wiring harness unless its one that goes to a car that has an upgraded factory system.

I have a hockup that allows me to get most equipment at wholesale price

So really, tell me again why I should support the DEALER.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

but to blame the consumer for trying to make thier dollar sretch is kinda one of those things where it doesnt make alot of sense.

x2

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

How can I really support a dealer when they try and rape me for every last freaking penny. Why do you think I learned to do my own installs. Home of the $1 install is crap, but yet they are right. Their install isn't worth much more than that. They over charge for connectors, I get a pkg of 100 blue butt connectors for 5 bucks they charge about $0.50each to a $5.00 misc. charge. Radio brackets and harnesses are $25.00 and up I pay at most $15 for the bracket and $10 for the wiring harness unless its one that goes to a car that has an upgraded factory system.

I have a hockup that allows me to get most equipment at wholesale price

So really, tell me again why I should support the DEALER.

so tell me what happens when your in dire need for a part, in the middle of an install, you can no longer get it in your area because there are no longer any shops. now what? are you gonna be able to wait 4 days to get it?

dont support drop shippers.

YOU SHOULD ONLY BUY STUFF THAT DONT NEED A WARR. LIKE WIRE CONNECTORS OR REBUILDABLE SUBS. MY HCCAS SAY ON THE BACK OF THE NO WARR. FROM THEM SOLD AS IS.

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

Good thread and important topic , I am close with all my local shop owners and they all are feeling the pinch. One shop i know has started doing home theater installs to bring in the extra revenue. It is the local shops that keep car stereo alive, Support your local car stereo shop!

Too Much Stuff to list .

Archived