Sonic Electronix

what type of enclosures produces the most bass?

yeah my XLs are doing pretty good in a sealed box, almost as loud as my 8cube ported box LOL...and with half the power running to them :(

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

opinions dont matter when you can mathmatically and scientifically prove that both Band pass and Ported will achieve the highest potential output.

But what do you mean by angled? Any box can be angled.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

opinions dont matter when you can mathmatically and scientifically prove that both Band pass and Ported will achieve the highest potential output.

he is right tho, i miss choking people with bass :(

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I know ported and bandpass are louder, I just dont have room for such a box as of now...

Im only doing 140 decibels but thats with my voltage going into the 8's.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

i thought t-lines get the loudest/cleanest but are the hardest to design and build correctly?

No there is a tutprial for t lines in the sub section they are relatively simple to design Bandpass and horns are harder to figure out.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

A t line is just a ported box with a really really long port. There's not a whole lot special about them other than that and the frequency that your supposed to tune the line to. Which in most cases is a quarter wave length since the box would be rediclously large to fit otherwise.

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

hahaha, dude, the math and science says that a sealed enclosure should get the loudest. this is obviously not the case but if you know physics, you know what im talking about.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

A t line is just a ported box with a really really long port. There's not a whole lot special about them other than that and the frequency that your supposed to tune the line to. Which in most cases is a quarter wave length since the box would be rediclously large to fit otherwise.

Actually a tline is nothing like ported, in fact opposite if anything

I Vote T-lines my self, as long as your NOT doing straight up SPL, but cone area to cone area, watt to watt, I vote tline for efficiency, and low end

What a tline is, is a guide, your Only delaying the rear wave from the front wave until the rear and front wave re align and create a whole lot of bass

A ported box on the other hand is pressurizing air in a box, and using a port as a valve in a sense, open the valve enough, you will get more air flow

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.