Sundown Audio

Sundown SAE-1200D v.2 Pre-Sale OPEN

I have - I don't suggest it long term on this amp. If you want to try 1/2 ohm get an SAZ-1500D.

The specs for the saz-1500d only say 1 ohm.

but cant I run the amp at .5 ohm for comps and at 2 ohm for daily...I dont have a lot of competetions around here so it will normally be at 2 ohm unless I can get the SI-BM's made into dual 2 ohm.....

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

SPL competitors run 1500s @ 1/2 on a regular basis.

I do not suggest the 1200 for 1/2 ohm for anyone - but I can't stop people from trying it.

And what is the output of the 1500 at .5 ohm at your normal testing and and at what voltage is that. I can do the math and figure out what it would be doing in my car at 14.6 volts.

Did you get my e-mail about the subs? Or could I get a 2 ohm resistor and wire it in and make the amp think it's at 1 ohm? or should I get one for all the coils and so it that way that way it would be more even

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

damn man. why did you have to do this? now i have to pick these up cause it is to good of a deal.

damn you with your badass amps. :lol:

And what is the output of the 1500 at .5 ohm at your normal testing and and at what voltage is that. I can do the math and figure out what it would be doing in my car at 14.6 volts.

Did you get my e-mail about the subs? Or could I get a 2 ohm resistor and wire it in and make the amp think it's at 1 ohm? or should I get one for all the coils and so it that way that way it would be more even

Do not try to hook up a resistor to a high powered sub amp.

I have a very detailed test thread here :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=50753

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

can we use the trade in program toward pre-sale items?

• 1 month later...

Do the SAE1200-d v1 and v2 Clamp about the same power? What would be the difference?

I have the SAE1200-D V1 and it truly is an excellent amp. When I hooked it up I had a holy crap moment...

I see there was a clamp test done at 1/2ohm with these results on the v1 SAE1200-D

POWER : 1770 Watts

AMP VOLTAGE (measured) : DID NOT MEASURE

AMP CURRENT (calculated) : DID NOT MEASURE

ACTUAL IMPEDANCE (calculated) : DID NOT MEASURE

SUPPLY VOLTAGE : 12.65 V

What would this amp do at 1ohm at around 14.1 V just a ruff guesstimate is all I need.