Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Sounds

hey this might be a stupid question or a good one who knows someone does. i have a cavalier with two tens ported box tuned to 36hz and it pounds good for tens but eventually i am going to tune lower like 2 or 3 hertz my question is when i have the doors and windows closed and turn the radio up to 26 its not that loud at all and u cant feel the bass shaking the seats then when u put the window down 6 inches crank it back up ur back starts to hurts cuz ur seat is just shaken like crazy is this just that the air is getting out or what. and the box is in the trunk with the subs facing the rear of the car

holla back even if this sounds stupid

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Hmmm ya ide probably say that by having the window down a bit you are allowing the air to escape. But if you were to haev your window up ur SPL would probably be higher. Even though it feels less and doesnt sound as loud.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

another thing is, might sound wierd, but when you roll your window up and down, your causeing that window to be the vehicles Port.. Basically the combination between your box, and cars interior is like a ABC box. Alot of competitors you actually see slowly opening thier car doors, or windows because they KNOW there car is gaining DBs, maybe just .1, .3 .5dbs when they do that, but it does help

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

another thing is, might sound wierd, but when you roll your window up and down, your causeing that window to be the vehicles Port.. Basically the combination between your box, and cars interior is like a ABC box. Alot of competitors you actually see slowly opening thier car doors, or windows because they KNOW there car is gaining DBs, maybe just .1, .3 .5dbs when they do that, but it does help

alright thanks thats what i thought it was porting the air out of the car.

thanks alot peeps now i know

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Some of us are louder with the doors open :D Some are not.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

my car was louder with the doors open, wich sucks cause you cant drive around like that:)

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

yeah I think the window/door thing is based on frequency. if your tuned high, you want your windows rolled up, and sealed tight Iam sure... Ive noticed everyone tuned low need windows open

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

my wall is tuned to 42 hz wich isa lil high, and its def a shitload louder wit windows down.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/