Ground noise that I cant get rid of.....help!

your old deck may be the issue if your sure all your grounds are proper

Let me just clarify this: I've ALWAYS had ground squeal, its just that AFTER I did my new grounds 2 days ago (direct to the frame of my tahoe) it got much worse. Could this still be a HU issue? if so, accordman, what do you have laying in your closet!

**EDIT*** I just took a 10FT piece of power wire, ran from front batt, direct to my rear buss bars, and all noise went away...... WTH?

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Let me just clarify this: I've ALWAYS had ground squeal, its just that AFTER I did my new grounds 2 days ago (direct to the frame of my tahoe) it got much worse. Could this still be a HU issue? if so, accordman, what do you have laying in your closet!

**EDIT*** I just took a 10FT piece of power wire, ran from front batt, direct to my rear buss bars, and all noise went away...... WTH?

Don't question it. If it works, roll with it. Always the little things Lol.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

you shuld check and see if your truck electrical sys is a -ground or a positive ground i cant explain much cause im learning about it my self may be try and switch your ground to the other side of the frame

Dude, the tahoe doesn't have a "Positive" ground setup....... OLDER English type cars/trucks had this back in the day, not a 02 tahoe. Thanks for trying to help though :tease:

NewLS1 - if you used a piece of wire, and the noise all went away, that means from the front ground to the rear ground there is some serious resistance going on. That's why you're getting your specific noise. I bet if you ran a 1/0 from your ground point up front to your ground point in back, you'd be in like flint, zero noise.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

i get a little hum... and when i turn something on.. ill get a litlte pop... like a turn signal or something... but i have 5 runs of zero gauge ran inside the car... and rcas are on the same side as power wire.... just to lazy to switch sides.... that's probably the problem...

and i only get the pop out of the subs.. no noise from front or rear speakers

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

Make sure your body and chassis are grounded to each other, using the core support is the worst place to ground at. All suv, pickups have rubber isolaters and dont pass current very well through the bolts holding them so make sure you ground the body to the chassis in a couple of places.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

NewLS1 - if you used a piece of wire, and the noise all went away, that means from the front ground to the rear ground there is some serious resistance going on. That's why you're getting your specific noise. I bet if you ran a 1/0 from your ground point up front to your ground point in back, you'd be in like flint, zero noise.

Thanks for the feedback, will try it on sunday...

best ground is the alt bracket, run a ground wire from alt to the frame and see if that helps.

David, I already have a ground from the alt bracket, to the chassis. Thank you though for the feedback.

Make sure your body and chassis are grounded to each other, using the core support is the worst place to ground at. All suv, pickups have rubber isolaters and dont pass current very well through the bolts holding them so make sure you ground the body to the chassis in a couple of places.

What do you mean by "core support"? thats good info, I will look into this on sunday. I can say this: I have less then 1ohm of resistance thru these new grounds to the rear buss bars, if this means anything...