Sonic Electronix

How does your car ride with a wall or other huge box?

I have around an additional 400 pounds of box, batteries, and subs in the back of my ZX3. It hurts accelleration a lot since I have a 125 hp 4 cylinder to begin with, but I prefer the bass. Also I don't know if any of you have noticed how the ZX3's sit up in the rear end a coupe of inches higher than the front, but mine is dropped in the rear due to the weight and looks 100% better than a "stock" ZX3. I've had several people ask me what I used to lower the rear end and I've told them about 400 pounds of stereo equiptment. It has a function and the bonus of looking better :) I know it is probably going to wear out the suspension much faster, but it's the small price you pay to do 152's with your daily setup in a hatchback.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

when my burban had a shit ton of weight in it it drove better. but with a van totally different from a suv or truck u may need to do sumthing with the rear end.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

most of the systems i have had in my F150 Harley truck it didnt make a difference. the only box that was wayyyyyyy to heavy was the 2 JL 13w7 Tline box. 4 Sheets of wood, 2 13w7s, 4amps and 4batteries was too much weight and the truck would not stop and i wasnt going to drop 1k-2k on a new braking system for a stereo.

2007 Acura TSX

Stock Navigation

Rockford 360.2 (FOR SALE)

Sundown SAZ3500

2 12" DC Sound Lab LvL4 @2ohm

JL 600/4

2 Sets of Focal 165K2P

think of it as riding around with four fat chicks. lol :D

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

My car gained about 550-600 pounds after the build, it is a bit slower and doesn`t brake as good as it did, but it`s worth it :D

and I haven`t tipped over in the turns yet, lol ;)

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s

145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s

My youtube vids

Had 220 lb in the back from a BMW 5 Series handling was ok and in winter in case of the rearwheel-drive big help to climb snowy streets,

had no use for wintertires. The other side, on my own i reduce 200 pounds of weight and my car use 1/2 gallon less to 100 mls. Thats the price

for heavy equipment. Dont know how the petrolprices in the states, in the last years in Europe, we was to this time arround 1 Euro per liter now

its 1,35. That is near 2,50 Euro per 100 mls extra.

Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Well Im know sure how much weight I added, but I had an 06 infiniti g35 with a few mods. I was around 330 hores; however now it feels more like a fast civic. I also noticed breaking is a bit longer not too bad though. This is not my car I drive for speed though so no big deal.

steven.jpg

Well, in this snow, I love having all that weight in the back, my car is like a tank. Unfortunately my car sits 4 inches lower in the back and bottoms out hard occasionally. My gas while I was system free was 32mpg, its down to 25. That kinda sucks, but otherwise its never bothered me enough to drop $2-300 on repalcement springs/shocks. I've got four wheel disks on the little celica, so braking isn't a problem despite the amount of extra weight.

Edited by cc_audio

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

i ride around with over 2000lbs in my ride and it is definitly a TANK. It is slower and if i didnt have my brakes, it would be harder to stop (it WAS harder to stop before i got them). Of course braking isnt even an after thought anymore with the new setup.

I also have like a 4/7 drop now instead of the 3/5 that i purchased and installed :D No joke when i took my beat out recently for the re-do, i shoulda grew a mullet because i looked like Steve-Dirt driving down the road with the ass end sticking up so high :D

if you plan on going big just make sure its bolted down, your tires are inflated properly and you be careful......no more hanging corners and whipping donuts in the parking lot type stuff :D

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916